Thread: Friday Nights Game - Where to watch in Sydney

Friday Nights Game - Where to watch in Sydney

G'day guys,

I'm up from Melbourne for work (not happy being a MCG game!) but looking for a swans friendly place to watch the game.
    I did a search on the forums but only found stuff from around 3 years ago so just wondering if anyone has some up to date tips?

Cheers guys

Ash

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Check out the list of Swans Friendly Venues:

Swans Friendly Venues - sydneyswans.com.au

My picks are the Alexandria Hotel, the Light Brigade or the Courthouse in Newtown.

Alexandria's pretty good, food's not too bad either. if you go to the Light Brigade in Paddington, it's got really good schnitzels there. Pretty small venue though, Alexandria Hotel has a massive outdoor courtyard. I've never been to the Courthouse in Newtown, but don't go to the Courthouse on Oxford St, it's a dump!

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Unfortunately, the courty in Newtown just doesn't cut it anymore. There's very little screen space and you have to argue with the bar staff to get the sound on.

Agree with the other suggestions though.

There's also the Tudor Hall in Redfern. Starting to get quite a a few people along for away games.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Brewery place in Darling Harbour have sound apparently if you need somewhere in the city.

Stay away from the food though.Beer is pretty hit and miss as well.

I've seen an Olympic ice hockey game there down the back on the big screen and the atmosphere was pretty good.

Make the effort to get to the Alexandria if you possibly can, far and away the pick.
    The next best thing to being there!!!!

Agree Jewels. Helps having a couple of Swans tragics running the place
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Unfortunately, the courty in Newtown just doesn't cut it anymore. There's very little screen space and you have to argue with the bar staff to get the sound on.
    Dob them in to the club! Imagine going there as an out of towner and having to haggle to get the sound on when they're listed as a gold venue. Night ruined!

For ease of mind stick to the Alexandria. Short walk from Redfern station, comfy seating if you rock up early, a massive screen, heating (outdoor tent) and good food.

Yep the Alex is the best