Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Young bloods - incl Harry wins RS nomination

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    That's the Swans link but GWS has one.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Well deserved, really happy for Harry that he got the acknowledgement. He's been an extremely consistent performer all year.

re: GWS acknowledging Harry- they just retweeted a tweet congratulating him. mentioning it was the second from the GWS Academy and included a picture of Harry in a GWS jumper. The original tweet was by the guy who ran the GWS Academy when Harry was there, I really see no issue with that at all and think it was good of their social media/PR people to retweet it and acknowledge it. They have a twitter feed on their website that shows their recent posts, hence it popping up there.

If they posted a story on it as well I really don't see how we could take issue with it- our current argument justifying the Swans Academy is that it's primarily for the development of elite footy skills n NSW- Harry, to me, is almost the perfect story to be able to stick it to Eddie (and whilst not doubting that it's well earnt, you have to wonder whether someone at AFL HQ had a smile on their face about who got the RS nod given the timing).
    Thanks for putting this in context Stella. Your point about Harry's success validating the Academy system for the development of AFL in NSW is well made.

Agree watched them both in Queensland very impressed both are better than present ruckmen by miles,should give them a game each this year ?

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Given that Harry's nomination was more about a consistent run of good form and an ability to hold his place in a top team with minimal injuries rather than a single stand-out performance, it would also be good and justifiable for Lloyd to get the nod.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone else see the irony in the timing of Harry's announcement?

Eddie to AFL house: Hi guys, what chance Ben Kennedy getting nominated for Rising Star?
    AFL : Not yet Eddie, we're announcing someone from the NSW Academy this week.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by jetts32 View Post
    * Richards - could be Reid? But I think we need to look for a future CHB....

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Reid is taking on the swingman role of LRT - I doubt he'd take over Richards' role. The rest of them look about right, though.
    Ressie watchers - who's our next Richards?
    AJ?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Well deserved, really happy for Harry that he got the acknowledgement. He's been an extremely consistent performer all year.

re: GWS acknowledging Harry- they just retweeted a tweet congratulating him. mentioning it was the second from the GWS Academy and included a picture of Harry in a GWS jumper. The original tweet was by the guy who ran the GWS Academy when Harry was there, I really see no issue with that at all and think it was good of their social media/PR people to retweet it and acknowledge it. They have a twitter feed on their website that shows their recent posts, hence it popping up there.

If they posted a story on it as well I really don't see how we could take issue with it- our current argument justifying the Swans Academy is that it's primarily for the development of elite footy skills n NSW- Harry, to me, is almost the perfect story to be able to stick it to Eddie (and whilst not doubting that it's well earnt, you have to wonder whether someone at AFL HQ had a smile on their face about who got the RS nod given the timing).
    So if Buddy wins the Bronwlow this year and on the Hawthorn website they show a photo of Buddy wearing a Hawthorn jumper - don't you think that has a bit of hypocrosphcy (I would suggest a lot) in it.

Harry never played for GWS - just attended their academy.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He did play for them as a topup when their main side was playing in the NEAFL. Depends whether you count that or not

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    So if Buddy wins the Bronwlow this year and on the Hawthorn website they show a photo of Buddy wearing a Hawthorn jumper - don't you think that has a bit of hypocrosphcy (I would suggest a lot) in it.

Harry never played for GWS - just attended their academy.
    I'm not entirely certain you read my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    hypocrosphcy
    That is a pearler.

Oh well back to the Oxford.

Smart Replay - AFL.com.au

re jones - if you get to watch the replay simply go to the 1st qtr and click on the goal at the 22nd min to Jack and watch the play between this goal and the next one at 25mins with buddy scoring

it is a good 3min insight into zak jones and his anticipation, willingness to make a real difference but most of responsibility to even out the ledger

As the clock saids 7mins 50 seconds to go -

Zac has pushed up on the GWS 50m arc...........zak backs himself to be be involved after hot potato between jack backing the ball out with a quick handpass to Reid, then Reid to an attacking Zac who has left his man........Zac suddenly has 3 guys on him in traffic and decides to back out a handpass to Ted who is calling for hit but all of a sudden Cameron is on him from behind and Ted stuffs the kick.

The kick from Ted goes sideways and 30m.........suddenly Zac realises GWS could break and he puts in a full sprint recovery run of 50m to get behind play in anticipation of GWS breaking.........and they do..........Enter Zac Jones who is positioned perfectly well behind the play he injects himself into the fight for the ball between approx 6 players........Patton knocks Zac on his arse as Jones approaches to snatch the ball........Zac gets backs up......jumps into the middle of the scrap and rips the ball out with Big Mummy about to crunch Zac as he dives for the ball......Jones evades him and hand passes very sharply in traffic to Jack? who then zips it to Mal and Mal drives it into Buddy 40m out who then kicks a goal !

Two Words - Zac Jones !!

A very impressive young fella who will be a 10 year player without a doubt
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 2nd July 2014 at 12:58 AM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast