Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Under 18 champs on live wed 2.7.14 foxtel

Under 18 champs on live wed 2.7.14 foxtel

Heeney almost knocked out in the first 10mins........very groggy and had trouble getting to his feet.........just starting to get back in the game with some very accurate passes

Jack Steele playing well so far and very smooth kick
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I must say Heeney very much plays the same way Luke Parker plays in the midfield and very similar build.......and can go forward as we know like Parks does but he has stayed primarily in the midfield today so far as the 1st qtr ends

Veterans List
    You can't miss him with that hair!

I have seen that Steele was on the GWS Academy previously but correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't he played as a top up swans player in the reserves this year? If so where does that leave him re: the draft this year? Looks quite impressive so far and was B.O.G. in a game last week.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I have seen that Steele was on the GWS Academy previously but correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't he played as a top up swans player in the reserves this year?
    He's played as a topup for the Giants NEAFL team.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    He's played as a topup for the Giants NEAFL team.
    Ok thanks. Damn! Looks like a good prospect! Hopefully they don't want him and he is available in the later rounds/rookie draft! Would be great to have more quality NSW talent on the list, removes any go home factor when signing them up!

Jack Hiscox has run a 2.77 second 20 metre which is quick

What do you all think of Jack Hiscox in his top up games etc

He is playing today and has plenty of zip but fairly rushed on his disposal like i have noticed in the past in scrap games or toppie

The commentators mentioned he does 2.77 seconds for 20m (the record is 2.75 at the AFL draft combine)

Hiscox turning heads at Swans Academy | Sydney University Australian National Football Club - SUANFC

Talented SUANFC Under 18?s player Jack Hiscox has been turning heads during the Sydney Swans Academy benchmarking program. The final session of the program, the 3km time trial, was held on Wednesday night and was where Jack separated himself from the other 100 or so Academy members.

Jack finished the trial in the blistering time of 9 minutes 40 second, 12 seconds ahead of his nearest rival. A full report and interview is available on the Swans Academy website.

Congratulations Jack. Keep up the great work. The Club looks forward to seeing your footy go to the next level again in 2013.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226663871624

Hiscox was overlooked last year I thought. Would have to be a Rookie list chance with that speed.

Heeney won the Harrison medal best player in Div 2

Heeney voted BOG

Thought he played well but a scrappy game, disposals fairly ordinary from both teams

QLD tried hard and could have got away in the 1st qtr if they nailed their oportunities

There is a massive standard gap between Div one and Division 2

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Just a few thoughts on the overall game, was pretty scrappy with plenty of contested footy but a good win to the NSW-ACT boys after a slow start.

Heeney - The kid is a jet, was seemingly everywhere, super hard at it, great skills on both feet, clean below his knees. That aside, his most impressive attribute is his leadership, constantly providing direction to his team-mates and always the first there to celebrate a goal. Him and Mills will be a fearsome midfield duo for over a decade.

Mills - His contested footy was genius today, tough as nails and really slick with quick hands to release runners. He was always at the bottom of the pack with his head over the footy and tackled really well. Similar to Heeney though they're both pacey enough to be inside and outside mids.

Davis - Bit of a mixed bag, kicked a brilliant goal but his set shots were pretty nervous attempts. Played the entire game forward and presented well, took a few strong marks. Doesn't look overly quick but seemed to continually beat his opponent to the ball. Also has a bit of mongrel about him too which is a good combination with his touch of magic.

Hiscox - Found plenty of the ball and was a livewire up forward with his raw pace but a couple of times was selfish when he could've found a team-mate in a better position. Needs to work on the defensive side of the game.

Non-academy players that impressed were Roos and Steele, who with Heeney and Mills were the dominant mids. Roos was clean in tight and cool under pressure. Steele found plenty of the ball but looked most at home as a creative half forward, lovely right foot on him and kicked 2 good goals.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast