Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 17 V Carlton

Suspended by the MRP
    Jones will be out as well I believe. His concussion looked nasty and you don't want to muck around with young players with concussion.

The inclusion will be the sub in my opinion. Mitchell seems the obvious one to come in. It would not surprise me if Towers gets his debut as Longmire loves pace and pressure of the subs vest.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Longmire loves pace and pressure of the subs vest.
    Mark Seaby?
    -

Senior Player
    Interesting selection dilemmas now. Assuming jones is out then I would bring in Mitchell. BUT the coaches have shown they like Hewitt because he went to Perth so they may give him a chance. That may be the only change given Tippett is definitely out.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Interesting selection dilemmas now. Assuming jones is out then I would bring in Mitchell. BUT the coaches have shown they like Hewitt because he went to Perth so they may give him a chance. That may be the only change given Tippett is definitely out.
    LoL - Dean Towers made a few trips earlier in the year without a look in

I expect derickx might also be a chance actually. Personally, I wouldn't play two ruckman but structurally having parker and jack as ruckmen in the forward fifty was weird and i doubt whether this is actually what Horse wants in the medium term. If track is dry I think Derickx a big chance, if wet probably another runner.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Unless KJ isn't fit to play, don't understand why we would rest him. Even if he is the target of a tag and that keeps him quiet, it just means one of our other top liners won't get shut out instead. The whole team has a week off after Saturday's game. They can have their rest then.
    Just differentiating between fit to play and playing hurt. Also looking for a small reason to get Mitchell into the side.

Well, I was wrong about the Tippett's knee soreness being a ploy. Now it's a real concern.

Looks as if there are no concerns about Zak Jones either. Was probably just too much rain in his eyes. He's a tough kid to get straight up from that hit.

We could go in unchanged.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    LoL - Dean Towers made a few trips earlier in the year without a look in
    Yes you are right but he got injured just as the few injuries opened up some senior places. He's only just come back from from that injury

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    I expect derickx might also be a chance actually. Personally, I wouldn't play two ruckman but structurally having parker and jack as ruckmen in the forward fifty was weird and i doubt whether this is actually what Horse wants in the medium term. If track is dry I think Derickx a big chance, if wet probably another runner.
    Parker did get 4 hitouts though to add to his stats for the day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Tippett has just been ruled out for this week. I think if the weather remains dry Derickx might be a chance of coming in to give Pyke a chop out. Rohan could move to the backline to replace Jones if young Zak is ruled out through concussion.
    He just can't get a run of games going. Happy for him to miss a game at this time of year, as long as he is right and ready to go for the 3 or 4 games that really matter in September. We are a vastly better side with Tippett up forward alongside Buddy, and whilst I have no doubt we can win a flag with only Buddy up there, we are a different proporsition altogether for other teams in September if they are both fit and firing.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Surely 50 quality touches means Biggs will be in for Jones.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Surely 50 quality touches means Biggs will be in for Jones.
    That can't happen. Biggs is rookie listed and there is no ability to upgrade him

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    That can't happen. Biggs is rookie listed and there is no ability to upgrade him
    Allir out for the season with a shoulder injury, so now we can upgrade Biggs if we need him. But I think we might hold off just in case we need to upgrade XR.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Allir out for the season with a shoulder injury, so now we can upgrade Biggs if we need him. But I think we might hold off just in case we need to upgrade XR.
    What about salary cap concerns with any more upgrades? I thought that was an issue before. I like the idea of Biggs being upgraded but didn't think there was room in sal cap

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast