Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 17 V Carlton

Changes Round 17 V Carlton

It's all about recovery this week.

Noticed Reid hurt his ankle late, and Mal was limping after a late collision also.

Hopefully Tippett will be right to go.

IN : Tippett

OUT : ? Lloyd /Rohan/ BJ...Probably one of these, unless there's other injuries we don't know about.

Lloyd had another quiet game, but he was pretty good defensively.

Rohan seems on the cusp of some good form.

BJ had one of his better games.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

In tippet
    Out jones ( concussion)

I would not be suprised if Tippett isn't risked on Saturday night - given we have the bye the following week, would give him some more time to get over the 'knee soreness'.

No changes for me if Zac Jones is ok -> if not, then not sure where they will go (assuming Tippett isn't picked).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    In tippet
    Out jones ( concussion)
    You're right Barry...I forgot about Jones.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Shaw and Hanners would be pretty close to returning?

Out: Jones
    In: Tippet

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jetts32 View Post
    Shaw and Hanners would be pretty close to returning?

Out: Jones
    In: Tippet
    Hanners was listed as 2 weeks and Shaw 3 weeks on last week's injury report so I would suggest no.

If both Jones and Tippett are out, I'd like to see Tom Mitchell back in for Jones, with Macca spending more time in the half back line. That said, I haven't heard the latest on Tom's form and injury status. Can anyone advise?
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    If both Jones and Tippett are out, I'd like to see Tom Mitchell back in for Jones, with Macca spending more time in the half back line. That said, I haven't heard the latest on Tom's form and injury status. Can anyone advise?
    He played on the weekend and was listed 2nd best behind Biggs.

So I agree with you, if Tippett is out....

OUT : Jones

IN : Mitchell

Cheers, thx for the update Ernie.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Out: Rohan, Jones
    In: Tippett, mitchell

Gaz's effort was great but his performance wasn't good enough to hold his position. His first half was very average and the few times he got the ball he butchered it.

Suspended by the MRP
    I hope Tippett's knee soreness is not an ongoing issue. I will be on the side of caution and keep Tippett out.

Jones must not play. Concussions need to be handled properly and the week off will be good for him.

In-Mitchell
    Out-Jones

Mitchell sub with quick tackling dynamos Rohan, B. Jack and Lloyd to swarm over Chris Yarren.

If the game is under control, I would sub out Kennedy and throw Mitchell straight into Kennedy's role.

I tend to think they will be cautious with Jones. I believe he was suffering from blurred vision after his hit from Kennedy. If Tippett is fit then he slots back in to the forward line. I think Mitchell is best 22 so we need to ease him back in with finals in mind. A couple of big games against Hawthorn and Port coming up as well. I also think this is an opportunity to see what Rohan offers off the half back line so maybe give BJ or Lloyd a rest. Probably not justified but competition for spots is tight. Just ask Membrey.

In: Tippett, Mitchell
    Out: Jones, (BJ or Lloyd)

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast