Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big name yet to re-sign

Hard to believe it's Melcho because of his age and the fact that the club stood by him during his long layoffs with injury.

It's a Damien Barrett story, meaning it has come from a player manager knowing that Barrett will beat the crap out of it. Sounds a bit desperate going public at this time of year, especially when the club is looking for names to rule a line through.

On the other hand, thinking of the fate of the previous premiership goal-kicker, maybe it is Melcho.

Warming the Bench
    What a beat up! Basically said Mal is a free agent and there has been some interest in him from other clubs.....WOW, GROUNDBREAKING BLOODY NEWS DAMIAN!

No mention of him being unhappy and finished by saying 'there is an expectation that a big name will be squeezed out due to Buddy deal etc.....'. What a non-event!

Malceski is a great player for us but the reality is we will lose the odd player with our squad depth and salary cap pressure.

I'd much prefer lose him than any of our young guns.

Given our well documented salary cap pressures I am sure that he will be hard to keep. He is 30, still a gun player but about to sign the last contract of his career. If would be very very hard for him to knock back a 3 year deal elsewhere if he is paid, say, an extra $150,000 - $200,000 per season and I'd wish him all the best if he was to go.

I don't think the salary cap will be an issue - LRT, ROK, Goodes ? will finish this year and that should leave some big dollars left to pay other players.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I don't think the salary cap will be an issue - LRT, ROK, Goodes ? will finish this year and that should leave some big dollars left to pay other players.
    How do we know that money hasn't been allocated already?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by joemoore12 View Post
    finished by saying 'there is an expectation that a big name will be squeezed out due to Buddy deal etc.....'. What a non-event!
    Lewis Roberts Thompson is the biggest name on the list. Him maybe?

RWO is Damien Barrett's source.

Regular in the Side
    Barrett has no idea in my opinion and just makes things up to try and make out he knows what's happening. His stories are mainly beat ups.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    How do we know that money hasn't been allocated already?
    To pay for buddy we offloaded mummy , everitt, lamb, and white And lost a few like morton.

We should have no more cap preassurre this year than last

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    To pay for buddy we offloaded mummy , everitt, lamb, and white And lost a few like morton.

We should have no more cap preassurre this year than last
    If were under cap pressur im sure someone like LRT would have had the tap on the shoulder.

Goes up to 11
    I have never seen Damian Barrett and Matt80 in the same room together.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Lewis Roberts Thompson is the biggest name on the list. Him maybe?
    If we were going to squeeze out a big name, he'd be the biggest.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by joemoore12 View Post
    What a beat up! Basically said Mal is a free agent and there has been some interest in him from other clubs.....WOW, GROUNDBREAKING BLOODY NEWS DAMIAN!

No mention of him being unhappy and finished by saying 'there is an expectation that a big name will be squeezed out due to Buddy deal etc.....'. What a non-event!
    The club may be preparing for this occurrence by developing Garry Rohan and Zak Jones as small defenders. This may also get Shane Biggs upgraded for next season.

Malceski was in huge trouble in 2012 and it was only a late withdrawal against the Brisbane Lions that got him back in the team and restarted his career. He did take that opportunity against the Brisbane Lions and has been in the team ever since.

We shall wait and see!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I am really shocked at how undervalued Malceski's role in the team is. I understand the need to call time on a player's time at the club but I really don't think Malceski's case is as cut and dried as some here have posted. Shane Biggs, Zak Jones and Gary Rohan may one day be very good AFL players but the fact is that Malceski is currently a very good AFL footballer, and I don't think we can't afford to cut him loose

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast