Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Carlton Blues game day

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly View Post
    I suspect is more due to McGuire's comments about Goodesy than, as McGuire claims, related to COLA comments.
    I have no time for Eddie at all. You could see he was fuming about Sydney last night. Took every inch of his self control not to be outright rude in the post game talk about Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    PS: Leave my sponsor child Dean Towers alone. He's no fitzy (5 goals on debut - remember? Injured the week after and never played another game). Give him time to get his head around it. He's a good player and very decent young man. Fits right in.
    Sorry mum.

Senior Player
    I'll be extremely surprised if Towers plays 50 games for the Swans. Has a bit of the Ed Barlow about him. Lloyd on the other hand, will play hundreds - poised and always thinking, like Nick Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Was it as cold as the 2012 grand final? That was "buddy" freezing. But it didn't matter hey. I have almost forgotten how cold it was because the victory was so sweet
    Last night made the 2012 gf feel like it was played in the Bahamas!

I thought it was cold for the GWS game, but last night it felt 5 degrees colder than that! I never remember being that cold at the football and I used to go to all the Canberra games!!!

Interesting that 9 players off our rookie list are more talented than 10 top 12 picks

I got sunburn at one stage of the 2012 grand final, but yes was also cold and raining in the same day. Oh and whoever's friend didn't realise that Buddy the Swan takes contested marks now hasn't been watching him his season. Oh and he does chasedown tackles, too!

We sat in the concourse for 2012 and it was cold, windy and wet. Last night we sat in the concourse it was cold, windy and wet. But I don't care victory warms the heart, keeps the blood pumping.

But OMG last night was bloody freezing. Much colder than 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I have no time for Eddie at all. You could see he was fuming about Sydney last night. Took every inch of his self control not to be outright rude in the post game talk about Sydney
    It really has gone well beyond the point where someone needs to get him off the air. He has consistently demonstrated a profound inability to keep his interests as Collingwood president separate from his media roles and it has reached breaking point now that Colless, Ireland, Goodes, Pridham and Longmire have all stood up to him.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    It really has gone well beyond the point where someone needs to get him off the air. He has consistently demonstrated a profound inability to keep his interests as Collingwood president separate from his media roles and it has reached breaking point now that Colless, Ireland, Goodes, Pridham and Longmire have all stood up to him.
    It was cringeworthy

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly View Post
    I'll be extremely surprised if Towers plays 50 games for the Swans. Has a bit of the Ed Barlow about him. Lloyd on the other hand, will play hundreds - poised and always thinking, like Nick Smith.
    I'll be extremely surprised if Towers plays 2 games for the swans! Hopefully 3 to come back in after the bye anyway.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    The new stand is so poorly designed. Its so clear they thought about cricket when they built it and thats it. Level 2 imo is too flat and too far back, making it difficult to see the other end of the ground. Level 4 is better for viewing but then icily cold because of the ridiculous decision to not only have a huge gaping hole across the back, but also kot enclose the ends, which may have helped break the wind a bit better last night. I am disappointed with the new stand - it really is an 'almost' product..
    I agree, new stand big disappointment. I like to sit on the boundary front row but it is now lower than before and makes viewing difficult. I would rather sit at the oo site as I did when the stand was being built but current membership doesn't allow this.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I'll be extremely surprised if Towers plays 2 games for the swans! Hopefully 3 to come back in after the bye anyway.
    I agree about towers. I also think that we won't bring all three players back at the same time for the hawthorn game. I think tippet will come back but maybe Hanners or shaw is likely to play reserves first for Game play. Out of those I think Hanners most likely to play reserves cAuse he's quite an extended break.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast