Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Carlton Blues game day

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Longmire confirmed in the press conference that he didn't want to participate in the IR series because of Eddie, but didn't want to comment further.
    I think it's disgusting that Longmire's refusal was even made public. It's clearly not just about Maguire's constant attacks against COLA or our Academy, he made a racial slur against one of our senior players. Is it any wonder John demurred? I wouldn't even want to be in the same room with the bloke let alone be taking instructions from him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    The ground surface looks shocking!
    We commented on that too. What's with the strips of newly-laid turf across the goals at the city end? Never seen anything like that before.

Early posts in this thread are amusing as ever. It was cold, damp, with swirly winds in the first half, difficult conditions was all that kept the Blues in it. Breeze dropped off a lot after half-time. As did the Blues really enjoyed that 3rd quarter. Probably enjoyed the clinical gutting of the Cats more, but this was pretty good too. Seemed like we went from 5 to 10 goals in no time, then the realisation that they had managed...not one.

Great to see Pyke back to normal, just needed a few games in him. Malceski was really good tonight. Some great performances, lots of good ones and no-one really bad, in my view. Hope this game was the confidence booster Rohan needed.
    Last edited by neilfws; 13th July 2014 at 02:04 AM.

I was at they ground (freezing my you know whats off) and I thought the umpires did a reasonable job. Miles better than last week but at least they were consistent.

The third quarter was brilliant = before you knew what was happening the 7 point lead had turned into 30 points then into 70 points without they team taking a breather. This was the best quarter pf football Inahve seen for a very long time.

And then when you add Shaw, Hanners, and Tippo into that team - it is the start of a dynasty.

Gentlemen start your engines.....

My highlights....

Pyke 53 hitouts. The one to Macca in the 3rd "Q" for the goal was the best.
    JPK World record contested possies, in the after match was just happy he beat Jude!
    Goodes knee must be feeling better....
    Sam Reid played like a young Adam Goodes tonight...
    Luke Parkers goal square grab...
    Buddys 3rd quarter...

and to top it off a club equal record 12 in a row. Hard to be unhappy with that!

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure Towers is quite up to it

OMG. I hope horse has the @@@@s with the holding onto buddy rule... I know I do.
    Someone is going to have to injure him before the umpires give him a free kick. (The two he got tonight were a direct result of horse having a whine(y)).

Awesome game. Half way through the last quarter I called for the hooter to put them out of their misery. Razor Ray didn't hear me.

Can't wait to see them play the poos and wees in Melbourne.

Here we come Melbourne... be afraid!!!

PS: Leave my sponsor child Dean Towers alone. He's no fitzy (5 goals on debut - remember? Injured the week after and never played another game). Give him time to get his head around it. He's a good player and very decent young man. Fits right in.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Ludwig I've split my sides all day with your contributions. You must have a library of horse photos - and too much time on your hands! Keep them coming!
    Yes, I know I've got big problems Meg, but it's so hard to find a proper psychiatrist in Chiang Mai. It's taken 5 sessions for me to explain who Sigmund Freud is. I just started talking about my uncontrollable revulsion for one Eddie McGuire.

I fear the day when I have to bring up the subject of Matt80. I think that will be they lock me away.

Go Sydney Stallions!

red-horses-bad.jpg

OMG if you were not at the ground you will have no idea just how cold it was in the stands. So much so my friend and I moved to the beer swillers deck to get behind the glass but couldn't get in the doors. not the only ones with that idea. Contemplated going home. Eeeek!! We found friendly seating in the "piss off you lot, only SCG members allowed here in the Red Zone area" which we ignored.. Still freezing, I am talking thermals, three wool jumpers and a thermal coat plus gloves and hat and scarf - cold. So glad we stayed.

Never been happy with Towers. There I have said it. Some of the flirty decision making by the younguns will be ironed out shortly ( I am looking at you BJ!) and I am thrilled to say that I specifically watched and caught the 'telepathic' movement of Ted and Reg. All power to them.

Smooch needs a gong of some sort. He is extraordinary.
    Luke is a powerhouse of a man. Should still be talking about a boy, but he isn't.
    Gary played himself back into Seniors with that goal of his, and his work off the ball. All he needed was that confidence that he was back in the 'game' and he is. Hasn't he turned into a handsome fella!
    Sam is Back! Albatross arms and sticky mitts combined. His swingman training has been brilliant for his game. He is playing with so much more confidence.

Salute to the older brigade. I love them all. Especially Mal. And I want to acknowledge that Buddy is playing with a grin on his face, he is enjoying himself, the game, and the club. He is getting better. Its all good.

OK, now it is time for me to go cosy up and watch the game again, with the heater on.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    The big difference for me in the third qtr was buddy played a lot further up the ground instead of deep in full forward. The deep forward role was rotated between goodes Reid and the midfield. The structure worked much better
    Adam and Buddy play a similar game. Perhaps that creates a problem when Kurt is not in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    OMG if you were not at the ground you will have no idea just how cold it was in the stands. So much so my friend and I moved to the beer swillers deck to get behind the glass but couldn't get in the doors. not the only ones with that idea. Contemplated going home. Eeeek!! We found friendly seating in the "piss off you lot, only SCG members allowed here in the Red Zone area" which we ignored.. Still freezing, I am talking thermals, three wool jumpers and a thermal coat plus gloves and hat and scarf - cold. So glad we stayed.
    The new stand is so poorly designed. Its so clear they thought about cricket when they built it and thats it. Level 2 imo is too flat and too far back, making it difficult to see the other end of the ground. Level 4 is better for viewing but then icily cold because of the ridiculous decision to not only have a huge gaping hole across the back, but also kot enclose the ends, which may have helped break the wind a bit better last night. I am disappointed with the new stand - it really is an 'almost' product.

Only thing more annoying last night was an awful trip home, due to the ridiculous queue getting out of fox studios, and a stupid cop that decided it would be 'helpful' to make half the traffic turn left into lang rd, thus adding a good 1/2 an hour to the trip by the time we had turned around and rejoined the queue back towards anzac parade. Didnt get back to canberra till 2.30 in the morning.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I was at the game, up from Melbourne. Now I thought Melbourne only got fingers & toes freezing - last night was up with the days & nights at Arctic Park back in the 80's/90's!

Onto the game. Bird's eye view of the Bud's 3rd quarter was Buddy Brilliant particularly when my Carlton supporting mate advised "he's good but he can't take a contested pack mark"! Bang, no more than three minutes later Sir Lancelot plucks one in a pack of 3-4 players....

The work of Joey Kennedy is just incredible. If the umpires don't give him three votes for last night, they really shouldn't umpire at this level and casts votes on the Brownlow!

Lukey Parker is slowly slowly nudging into the elite midfielder category. In red hot, damn hot, form at present. The most underrated leap in the AFL - on top of his contested style of play.

Grundy kills me, that's is all I'll say about Reg!

Sammy Reid's confidence is sky high. Since Derickx was omitted Sammy has fulfilled two roles in one. Win win. The kid is showing the ability we all know he has. Will only get better before the season is over.

I'm convinced about Lloyd as a hard running midfielder. The kids the real deal. Never played in a senior losing side - keep him in FOREVER!

Surely Ted is All-Australian again this season. Having a better season than 2012. IMO Ted, Malceski, Kennedy, Buddy, K Jack, Parker & maybe McVeigh are all strong chances to be AA this year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MomentByMoment View Post
    Adam and Buddy play a similar game. Perhaps that creates a problem when Kurt is not in the team.
    But it worked very well in the third qtr. it looked to me like a deliberate decision to make Reid full forward with Adam the crumbing forward also playing deep forward with buddy playing the running half forward role. I agree that goodes and buddy can be very similar so it worked much better when they delineated their roles more in the third Qtr. It allowed buddy to have far less defensive pressure ( read double team ) on him and therefore less wrestling and use his natural talent

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post

Never been happy with Towers. There I have said it. Some of the flirty decision making by the younguns will be ironed out shortly ( I am looking at you BJ!) and I am thrilled to say that I specifically watched and caught the 'telepathic' movement of Ted and Reg. All power to them.

Smooch needs a gong of some sort. He is extraordinary.
    Luke is a powerhouse of a man. Should still be talking about a boy, but he isn't.
    Gary played himself back into Seniors with that goal of his, and his work off the ball. All he needed was that confidence that he was back in the 'game' and he is. Hasn't he turned into a handsome fella!
    Sam is Back! Albatross arms and sticky mitts combined. His swingman training has been brilliant for his game. He is playing with so much more confidence.

Salute to the older brigade. I love them all. Especially Mal. And I want to acknowledge that Buddy is playing with a grin on his face, he is enjoying himself, the game, and the club. He is getting better. Its all good.

OK, now it is time for me to go cosy up and watch the game again, with the heater on.
    Was it as cold as the 2012 grand final? That was "buddy" freezing. But it didn't matter hey. I have almost forgotten how cold it was because the victory was so sweet

Veterans List
    I suspect is more due to McGuire's comments about Goodesy than, as McGuire claims, related to COLA comments.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast