Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 19 vs essendon

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Laidler will probably be suspended anyway but I'd drop Towers and move Lloyd to sub.
    So if you drop towers and laidler out With Lloyd as sub who are your ins?

I'm saying Laidler will probably be out due to suspension but if he isn't then it'd be

Out: Towers
    In: Shaw

I thought Towers gave us some spark myself

Senior Player
    I'm saying Laidler will probably be out due to suspension but if he isn't then it'd be

Out: Towers
    In: Shaw
    Sorry mate. Misunderstood. Understand now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    I thought Towers gave us some spark myself
    Yea I thought towers was okay too. He got away some good pressured handballs and made some tackles.

I also thought Towers played a good quarter of footy.

That said, we should be looking to solidify our best 22 over the last rounds and, for mine, Laidler has been an important part of one of the best back 6's in the comp. People that want to drop him because of one dud match up against a high tackle magnet are thinking with their hearts not their heads.

Laidler will play an important part in our finals campaign. Towers will not.

Yup. Laidler is this year's replacement AJ, just like Little Spider was last year. He's important to our back 6 for structure and will remain in the team unless injured or suspended.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player

That said, we should be looking to solidify our best 22 over the last rounds and, for mine, Laidler has been an important part of one of the best back 6's in the comp. People that want to drop him because of one dud match up against a high tackle magnet are thinking with their hearts not their heads.

I understand your argument about towers but for me it's not dropping laidler to keep towers in. They should be playing different roles.

I am suggesting laidler is dropped so we have room in the back line for Rohan and shaw. Towers just holds his spot until Hanners comes back.

I tend to agree, particularly as Horse is so loath to make changes to the back 6. That said, he considers (correctly) Shaw to be vital and someone has to make way. There's some serious competition for spots down back, particularly when you consider that Jones was no slouch.

I think Rohan can ably perform the role Towers does with the added defensive string to his bow which Towers lacks.

Just wild about Harry
    I think people are being very harsh on Laidler because of one moment with Puopolo. That was Longmire being outcoached by Clarkson.
    I noticed Horse giving both barrels to Stewie Dew straight after that incident. I think that mismatch should have been picked up by Dew and reported to Horse but it didn't happen.

I think it happened because rampe was on him but he had the shot at goal from just outside fifty on the opposite side of the field. All our spares were to the left forward wing, Burgoyne marked it and kicked it back to the fat side and we had nothing on that side of the field. It was one of a number of kicks from rampe that were coulda been - coulda been a goal for us and went right to the other end...

It wasn't an intended match-up. Laidler rolled from his man when no one took Puiopolo and there was nothing they could do in the coaches box to stop that from happening once the link had started and the forwards and mids allowed the ball to come out cleanly. Horse would have been critical on the press not stopping the possession coming put, from there nothing was going to stop a shot on goal.

Both teams a full deep press last night and both teams were reasonably successful in getting it out the back quickly.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast