Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 19 vs essendon

Senior Player
    Naismith is an interesting choice as emergency. It says to me that they consider him above nankervis as a senior option otherwise they wouldn't have upgraded him. The other intersting thought is why is he listed. I wonder if they have serious concerns about Reid given his hyper extension last week. Will he be a late replacement ??

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Good selection from Longmire.

The overall pace of the team is now greater.

I would play Lloyd as Sub this week. This allows the Swans to play Towers who is gaining confidence.

The Swans have turned up the voltage and unleashed their electric pace. Jetta, Rohan, Cunningham and now Towers.

The pressure should be intense, the tackle count high and we should be able to cover the quick Bombers.
    Usain-Bolt-in-his-tradema-008.jpg

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Oh not good. Razor Ray!!! Oh well that will be at least 6 extra free kicks that Essendon will receive.

Senior Player
    Okay. All the theories about Naismith can end. Swans Incorrectly named him due to computer error instead of nankervis

Thanks @AFL_PKeane

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Okay. All the theories about Naismith can end. Swans Incorrectly named him due to computer error instead of nankervis

Thanks @AFL_PKeane
    Yep, now changed to Nankervis in the team list on the AFL website.

I would play Lloyd as Sub this week. This allows the Swans to play Towers who is gaining confidence.

The Swans have turned up the voltage and unleashed their electric pace. Jetta, Rohan, Cunningham and now Towers.

The pressure should be intense, the tackle count high and we should be able to cover the quick Bombers.

Where was the upped voltage, electric pace and tackling last week?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Oh not good. Razor Ray!!! Oh well that will be at least 6 extra free kicks that Essendon will receive.
    Oh dear, lucky I won't be watching the game live (having friends over tomorrow night, so will be watching on record!)
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Not quite 'Peter Taylor' but still embarrassing.

I'd love some team to do that for an away game. I'm imagining a fabulously awkward airport scene.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp

I'm hoping the teams effectiveness will be high. Pace is nothing without good delivery. Quick and accurate hands and feet will beat fast legs, eg Hanners
    Jetstar is a great kick, Harry is pretty good, Rohan and Towers - haven't seen enough to form an opinion, and Lloyd .... he is a good kick. I hope Jake get the start over Towers.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Naismith is an interesting choice as emergency. It says to me that they consider him above nankervis as a senior option otherwise they wouldn't have upgraded him. The other intersting thought is why is he listed. I wonder if they have serious concerns about Reid given his hyper extension last week. Will he be a late replacement ??
    Naismith emergency seems to be a mistake.

Emg J.Laidler, T.Membrey, T.Nankervis
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Not quite 'Peter Taylor' but still embarrassing.

I'd love some team to do that for an away game. I'm imagining a fabulously awkward airport scene.
    That was a very obscure comment but I eventually got it (needed Mr Google to jog my memory though).

Damn, Freo just scraped over the line against Carlton tonight by 5 points. Carlton had a moral victory and were leading until the final minutes. It would have been nice to have been a game ahead of Freo before we go into tomorrow night's match, but it was not to be.

Boy, Fremantle were off the boil big time. Lucky not to post 2 losses in a row against bottom of the table teams. They looked lost without Pav out there.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast