Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: James Frawley

Suspended by the MRP

James Frawley

Interesting discussion from Mike Shehan on last nights "On The Couch" regarding James Frawley potentially being a target for the Swans. Mike mentioned Tom Mitchell as a possible trade with the Demons for James Frawley. Mike did say the idea does come from "left field". Mike also said that Mitchill had spent some time living with the Roos family. Gerard Healy was not enthused by the idea, but mentioned that he would take Tom Mitchell over a pick 6 compensation pick.

Mike Shehan is the most esteemed football writer in AFL history and has now raised the Tom Mitchill trade issue. I think the Tom Mitchell trade story is now more than a Matt80 beat up.

I don't think we would have the salary cap space to meet Frawley's demands but you never know what the Swans can do as they have beaten the odds with Tippett and Franklin. Frawley would be a valuable addition to the backline if we could get him.

Any thoughts?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    If we want to sign Frawley we could just do it as he is a free agent and we could still keep Mitchell (or hawk him off for 2 magic beans and a Citibank? clapper instead)

Has our cap been increased?

I think he's a pretty good defender (when he plays in defence) but a very poor decision maker. The reported asking price is also way overs.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Can't afford him surely , rather recycle or develop our own defenders

I knew that there would be a thread on RWO started by Matt80 about this this morning!

Frawley is a decent player, but surely we don't have the dollars to match what other clubs would offer, and it would be silly to do so imo.

And why would we need to give up Mitchell to secure him? As much as Matt80 seems to be trying to drive the Mitchell out train, can't we get him as a RFA?

As for mitchell, I really see him being in the same boat as LP in 2012 - we know he is good enough, just struggling to break into a very good football team. His time will come, and we would be insane to trade him.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

A bit unfair to give Matt grief about it, Gerard Healy or whoever mentioned it on On The Couch was the one who suggested it

Saw the Frawley article on afl.com & quickly checked to see if M80 posted ... you could set your watch by it! Better than Greenwich time
    Another unsubstantiated trade proposition for Mitchell. There was a lot of talk about Lloyd Perris also nominating for the draft for better game opportunities, but he panned out well for us (in terms of recruitment).
    I'd love a fortnight of no postings proposing trading Tom Mitchell unless he or his manager come out & say that he wants a trade. But that's just me. I'm sure others enjoy such musings.

Senior Player
    One thing that seems to be missed, in the "trade Tom Mitchell" discussion, is that he is not a pocket player, nor is he a flanker, he is an out and out centre man. So you can't bring him into the side unless he is 100% super duper. It is just a pity he can't string enough games together in the magoos to get his match fitness up and play in the middle. Tom ain't going nowhere.
    C'mon Chels!

The trade Mitchell talk still has no legs. The media get their stories from these forums or just go with the popular theory at the time.

Mitchell will be playing for Sydney next year.

The Swans need to address the issue of a replacement for Richards pretty soon. Wouldn't be surprised if they target a backman from somewhere in this year's trade period...If he was to get injured this year it would be disastrous. Grundy is just as important. Best not think about that scenario.

This the same Mike Sheahan who said Clarkson would be coaching West Coast this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    This the same Mike Sheahan who said Clarkson would be coaching West Coast this season?
    Yep, that's the one!!!!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast