Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 20 V Port Power

Port Adelaide confirm more players contracted viral meningitis

None of the main team at this point but it is a worry
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Fine in Adelaide today, and no showers forecast until Sunday

On the surface it seems fairly straight forward this week.....

IN : Franklin, Hanners

OUT : Membrey, Towers

But without knowing players niggles, general health etc it's always a punt.

Personally I would love to see Membrey given another game now that his first game (nerves) is out of the way.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Personally I'd leave Lance for another week or two, keep Membrey and Towers on and bring in Hannebery for Lloyd, who seems to me to need a bit more time out.

All totally subjective of course and I think the selection committee knows more about it than I do.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Out tippett - we don't want any anti Adelaide crowd to put him off his game.
    Out Towers - had his taste for this year. Back next year with a new understanding of what is needed.

Buddy and Hanners back in.

I would like Membrey to get another game away from Sydney. Travel and be prepared to play at senior level.

Lloyd in and Membrey sub.

(Reid and Jetta injuries - TBC)

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I think Lloyd will be in for a pretty big game this week if he doesn't get the dreaded vest again...should be fresh and fit and with a point to prove! The wide expanses of the Adelaide Oval will also suit his gut-running.

Would love to see Membrey get another game but if Buddy is fit he has to play...we need to get as many games with our full compliment of tall forwards playing together as possible, they need time to gel and work with each other leading up to finals. I'd say Buddy not playing last week was most likely the result of our docs showing extreme caution, no doubt he would have played if it was a final.

Would also be great to see Towers given another run but can't see it happening...and for what it's worth I still think B.Jack is ahead of him for that position come finals time if we have injuried, the coaching staff probably just wanted to get a look at what Deano could deliver on the big stage...albeit a brief look.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Any whispers on potential injuries to our boys?

Saw on Big Footy that Westhoff limped off the training track this week with an ankle injury? Interesting...
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Any whispers on potential injuries to our boys?

Saw on Big Footy that Westhoff limped off the training track this week with an ankle injury? Interesting...
    Meningitis could be the elephant in the room. Sure hope not, for all players and both clubs sake.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I like the Swans' new away strip designed specifically for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I like the Swans' new away strip designed specifically for this game.

very good

I like it, so will our sponsors, there's plenty of space for extra logo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Out tippett - we don't want any anti Adelaide crowd to put him off his game.
    Out Towers - had his taste for this year. Back next year with a new understanding of what is needed.

Buddy and Hanners back in.

I would like Membrey to get another game away from Sydney. Travel and be prepared to play at senior level.

Lloyd in and Membrey sub.

(Reid and Jetta injuries - TBC)
    It's Port, not the Crows. What do they care who KT plays for?

Hanners and Frankers in. Memmers and Towersers out. Naisers will travel as an emergency.

Smokey tip, based on nothing but a hunch, Shaw out (chronic niggles) and Biggs in.

Oh, and for old time's sake, Bevan & Matthews out.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast