Thread: 8th spot

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Wobbles win....Tigers don't, Crows don't, Eagles don't
    Eagles win...Tigers don't, Wobbles don't, Crows don't
    Crows win...Tigers don't, Wobbles don't, Eagles don't
    or
    Swans ditch Homebush stadium forever.
    Number three looks likely. Go suns

I want Richmond to make the 8 but i still want to win come this weekend.
    I put this dilemma down to my love for Nathan Gordon

If Richmond play nice, I'd be happy to let them have their little victory and take 8th place. It doesn't really matter to us. Let's play the game on the outside and start backing off midway through the 3rd quarter. A good training hitout with no injuries. No Vickeries; no Concas. Just nice polite footy.

It's a nice fairy tale ending for The Tigers to win 8 running and to finish .......,

9th ......

Thanks for coming but lots of Sydney's squad want to be part of September ... There will be no holding them back .

Senior Player
    If Collingwood win Friday night (guaranteeing us top spot) there would even be a few Swans fans barracking against their own team to keep the Pies out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If Richmond play nice, I'd be happy to let them have their little victory and take 8th place. It doesn't really matter to us. Let's play the game on the outside and start backing off midway through the 3rd quarter. A good training hitout with no injuries. No Vickeries; no Concas. Just nice polite footy.
    I don't think they are good enough to beat a Swans 95 per cent effort and would never cheer, cheer for anything but a good win to our boys. Momentum is everything. However, any disappointment at a Swans loss would be tempered by the fact that Richmond make finals. I like 'em and dislike all of the potential alternatives.

My best case scenario is big losses for Adelaide, Richmond (by over 100), Collingwood and West Coast (by over 100). Gold Coast make the eight.

Collingwood can't win unless the Hawks feel sorry for them and let them win. If the Tigers loose the biggest chance to get into the 8 are the Eagles because of their better %. The Eagles are not that good when travelling so winning against GC is not going to be easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12