Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Qualifying final V Freo

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Agree with your changes, Ernie. If Bird is ready then Shaw should come out.

Someone also needs to get in Malceski's ear about his attitude.

Rampe is a terrible match up for Pavlich. Teddy is the obvious choice. Rampe on Walters. Smooch on Ballantyne.
    I have been disappointed a number of times this year with Malcaski's disposal. It has been terrible and has cost us many goals this year. He does get the ball a lot but his turnovers kill us. Would love to know his turnover rate for this year compared to previous years. Hopefully with Gaz and maybe Alex Johnson back next year we would have a fast and tough half back line.

Rampe was ok yesterday but he gave JR too much latitude when he went back on him.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    You could fit Biggs in if you're prepared to drop Shaw. Probably won't happen.
    Would agree 100% - shaw has lost his mojo and kicks under perceived pressure far too often. Biggs has youth and composure on his side

How good were Reid's goals! The one in last qtr had a touch of Buddy about it. Goodes showed a bit, particularly early on when he was on the ball, was moving as well as I've seen him move since the Collingwood game last year. Could be a bit of a finals wild card if he can pull out some vintage performances. Rohan was awesome, he's gonna be something special.

Regular in the Side
    Still not comfortable with the Mitchell foot disposal ... glad others have become alert to the Malceski disposal problems at key times.

Agree with Ernie. I think this week's team just about picks itself.

Mitchell is a pretty good replacement for Bird.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I feel like our back six has looked a little shaky since Laidler went out. He was pretty good at reading the play defensively and providing an extra outlet by hand or foot out of the back half.

As much as Rohan has improved I think he sometimes lacks the instinct to head where he is needed. Perhaps he should take over Shaw's half back role and then Laidler can come back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I have been disappointed a number of times this year with Malcaski's disposal. It has been terrible and has cost us many goals this year. He does get the ball a lot but his turnovers kill us. Would love to know his turnover rate for this year compared to previous years. Hopefully with Gaz and maybe Alex Johnson back next year we would have a fast and tough half back line.

Rampe was ok yesterday but he gave JR too much latitude when he went back on him.
    It seemed like Jetta and Mal hadn't been informed that Buddy wasn't playing and were determined to bomb it long to half forward to three on ones.

Malceski also hand passed directly to opposition players in the corridor TWICE which ultimately cost us two goals.

Senior Player
    I agree it appears certain Bird will be out with injury this week. But let's say we win, there's no further injuries, and he's fit for the preliminary final. Who goes out? It reckon he is contesting a single spot with Mitchell, and I agree that Tom made it extremely difficult to drop him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    How good were Reid's goals! The one in last qtr had a touch of Buddy about it. Goodes showed a bit, particularly early on when he was on the ball, was moving as well as I've seen him move since the Collingwood game last year. Could be a bit of a finals wild card if he can pull out some vintage performances. Rohan was awesome, he's gonna be something special.
    Rohan was the best part of the night, I agree. His last month has been awesome.

Blog Entries
    How is the Roosters form ATM??

Go Gary, Go!!

At both ends of the field!!
    Becoming a real danger player.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Malceski also hand passed directly to opposition players in the corridor TWICE which ultimately cost us two goals.
    Hmmm... have the Tiges already put in an offer for Mal?

Watched Mitchell in a neutral sense and he new he had to impress , no chase , 2 and 3 attempts , sorry not in and really changed my opion !

Agree with Ernie's changes. Seems the most obvious.

• Biggs is playing well, but in the crunch, you have to go with Shaw. His disposal has always been a problem, but sometimes you have to take the bad with the good. His on field leadership gives him the nod, especially under finals pressure.
    • Sandilands has a knee problem. If we can negate the influence of their ruckmen around the ground, it should be a big help in getting across the line. I would have Pyke stay with Sandi all game and Reid with Clarke.
    • I think Taberner will keep his spot and Fyfe will come in for Crozier. Suban the likely sub.
    • So Ted and Reg to take Taberner and Pav. Rampe to Mayne. Smith and Shaw to take Walters and Balla. Sutcliffe likely to put a tag on Mal.
    • I'd like to see Rohan take on Fyfe. Good matchup for size as well as the ability to go with Fyfe in the air where Fyfe has such a good leap and power. Gaz can run off him as well.
    • Cunningham did a good job on Hill last time and perhaps will get him again, although the commentators may force McGlynn onto him so they can make Benny Hill jokes.
    • Not sure how we will play Benny this week. He could perhaps matchup with Lachie Neal, who has been racking up the possessions of the late.
    • Lloyd had an excellent game, but may be relegated to the sub role.
    • In the end, Buddy could be the difference.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast