Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Qualifying final V Freo

Sounds good to me Ludwig.

Mundy and Kennedy will probably play on one another.

Not sure who they will put Crowley on this time around. There are plenty to choose from...Hanners, Jack, Parker or possibly McVeigh.

Great matchups all over the ground....As you say Buddy will be a problem match up for them, especially with Johnson and McPharlin hobbled
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I think you missed Zac Clarke. Their forward line is going to stretch our defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Another pet idea of mine.

Get Sam Reid to tag Nat Fyfe with the major goal of dismantling his around the field high marking.
    Seriously - Sam Reid as a tagger on Nat Fyfe! Lucky your not on the coaching panel Matt80

A qualifying final is hardly an ideal time to ask someone to do a tagging role for the first time, let alone on an elite midfielder.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I think you missed Zac Clarke. Their forward line is going to stretch our defence.
    Had Reid going with Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Had Reid going with Clarke.
    That's in the ruck though. Who will play on him (or Sandilands when resting) in the forward line?

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    As most of us observed this week, with fingers firmly on the pulse..."Horse won't rest any players"....WRONG !.....me included..

IN : Pyke , Franklin, Kennedy, McGlynn,

OUT :Naismith, Towers, Biggs, Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    You could fit Biggs in if you're prepared to drop Shaw. Probably won't happen.
    I would love to see Shiggsy stay in. When they were under the pump in the first quarter he appeared to be one of the ones who was actively trying to change things. I don't think Shaw will be held back, but he would make a great sub. He can play back and forward if required. This would allow Lloyd to play a full game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Still not comfortable with the Mitchell foot disposal ...
    Yeah, I was hoping for more. Hopefully it is just a matter of getting up to the speed of the 1st's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    .... Malceski also hand passed directly to opposition players in the corridor TWICE which ultimately cost us two goals.
    Two mistakes, pretty good game to only have two mistakes.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

That's in the ruck though. Who will play on him (or Sandilands when resting) in the forward line?
    I thought they could play on each other all over the ground. The usual one would be Reg, but he's going to be tied up with Taberner of Pav I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I thought they could play on each other all over the ground. The usual one would be Reg, but he's going to be tied up with Taberner of Pav I suspect.
    Consider this scenario. Clarke relieves Sandi in the ruck, so as you suggest Reid goes to the ruck too. But then who goes on Sandilands in the forward line? Pyke?

Ted on Pavlich. Grundy on resting ruckman.

Leaves Rampe and potentially Reid for the 3rd tall.

Tippett/Pyke ruck.

Consider this scenario. Clarke relieves Sandi in the ruck, so as you suggest Reid goes to the ruck too. But then who goes on Sandilands in the forward line? Pyke?
    Yes. I think it makes sense. When Sandi goes forward, who else could play on him. If Sandi is forward and one of the other tall forwards are on the bench then perhaps Reg could switch onto Sandi. Freo use him for outlet passes around the ground, so someone has to go with him all the time or else we will just be conceding too many easy marks, and Pyke is the one physically capable of challenging him in a marking contest.

Mitchell was quite poor early. Many time I saw him cope a spray for not defending, failing to chase from other players

He improved in the second half but thus could be why hes been on the outer a bit this year.... or it took him a half to step up to AFL level.

Regular in the Side
    Clarke was barely walking during the Port game.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast