Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Qualifying final V Freo

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Highly unlikely. That mistake has been made before. Bird is not an impact player and doesn't have the running power to get to loads of contests.

If the line up remains unchanged, then I think Lloyd will be sub.
    I agree. Bird's run is a matter of endurance, not strike power. Lloyd's cool, accurate disposal will be even more effective when the tempo drops a little.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Yeh I'd say Laidler being named first emergency would indicate they're not overly confident in Heath pulling up well...he looked very proppy walking off in that footage yesterday.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    and that Tom Walsh is a dud who is going home in a few weeks.
    He will get another year in my opinion. He has made a good transition to fullback and LRT's retirement means we need another big bodied defender as cover for Grundy and Richards.

He is also cover for Alex Johnson until he is ready.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Now this is a crappy wet track..

That game was an absolute deluge - you couldnt see the ball at the ground.

How's this for a terrible uneven muddy surface at anz?
    maxresdefault.jpg
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    This is a really exciting time of the year and it's great to be able to talk footy and footy matters in here. But I'm being put off commenting by one thread after another being side-tracked by barry's and matt's agendas. Port is an opponent, no more. The ANZ surface is a topic of much wider discussion than just on RWO and we should be able to talk about it.

It's with some trepidation I raise the matter of Freo's disrupted pre-game schedule. I wonder how much that will work in our favour. From what I know of players' rigid routines and superstitions I'd imagine it'd be very disruptive. But I really, really hope it doesn't turn into a "should have stayed with QF rather than switch to Virgin Blue" theme. Right now I'm a bit worried that too much is in our favour (except the weather) with them short of defenders and us having a near full strength team. In years past it's when I'd expect us to be complacent and lose. But somehow the Horse-led Swans team seems more professional than the Roos-led one.

Thoughts?
    Last year the Swans' bus broke down in Melbourne and the players had to catch the tram to the game with the fans. Managed to recover, Goodes had a day out and we belted the Pies by 50 points if I remember correctly.

Having said that, I think there'd be a certain excitement catching the tram with all the pumped up fans, while a delayed flight would just plain annoying.

Don't think it'll matter either way at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    That game was an absolute deluge - you couldnt see the ball at the ground.

How's this for a terrible uneven muddy surface at anz?
    maxresdefault.jpg
    That's in pretty good condition for ANZ

Anyway, back on topic. I do wonder how much the flight stuff up will disrupt Freo's plans. Obviously its far from ideal for them, and hopefully they won't get a chance now to see ANZ before game day (which might mean they'll wear the wrong studs or something silly like that). But with footy being the professional game it is these days, I'm sure it won't make that much difference.

I'm not suprised Laidler was named instead of Walsh as the emergency that would cover for Grundy. Walsh would be a huge risk in such a big final, and Laidler can 'play tall' per say.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goes up to 11
    Laidler has shown that he's slotted into the backline very nicely when he has played. He looks to be a reasonably smart guy who has adapted quickly to our style of play and he's a bit unlucky to not be in the 22 for this weekend. Although if we lose Reg it'll be a big out - fingers crossed...

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Yeh I'd say Laidler being named first emergency would indicate they're not overly confident in Heath pulling up well...he looked very proppy walking off in that footage yesterday.
    Not "first emergency" just first alphabetically.

As for Walsh, we seem to forget that the game he was seriously injured in was looking to be his "break-out" game. I wouldn't mind giving him another year. He will only be 27 at the start of the season.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    He will get another year in my opinion. He has made a good transition to fullback and LRT's retirement means we need another big bodied defender as cover for Grundy and Richards.

He is also cover for Alex Johnson until he is ready.
    Looks like X Richards will do that job seeing he just got upgraded. Walsh is off home to play Gaelic.

Veterans List
    Now weather.com says that it'll stop raining at 1pm tomorrow and start again at 8pm. Perfect.

Veterans List
    Not liking the forecast, points to a tight grinding affair with Ballantyne getting head high tackles paid within sight of goals :-(

At least we haven't got Chamberlain :-)

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Looks like X Richards will do that job seeing he just got upgraded. Walsh is off home to play Gaelic.
    That looks to be correct.