Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Crowd prediction fr swans v Freo

Veterans List
    I really think for finals that the AFL should offer a discount on the ticket prices to the members of the competing clubs. This will give an added incentive to sign up as a member. The profit for the AFL may take a hit but at least you will get more people attending and in the end they might end up making the same money anyway.

It will also allow more members to travel from interstate. In 2012 I didn't travel to Sydney for the prelim because of the price of the tickets...(on top of flights and accommodation).

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Barry, you can jab away relentlessly, as you do, casting aspersions on anyone who dares question the worth of ANZ stadium.

But you can't change this simple fact...

For a myriad of reasons, the vast majority of posters on here, which is representative of the broader fan base, much prefer the SCG..
    The stats speak otherwise. 2014 average crowd at scg is 32k. Average at ANZ is 33k.

Every other year ANZ is higher.

What you mean is "sone vocal eastern suburbs people dont like crossing the anzac bridge"

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The stats speak otherwise. 2014 average crowd at scg is 32k. Average at ANZ is 33k.

What you mean is "sone vocal eastern suburbs people dont like crossing the anzac bridge"

Your very quick to take aim at a cross section of people, you don't know anything about, with small minded inverted snobbery.

I would suggest what those stats show, is that Swans fans are a resilient lot ,who love their team, and will go to watch them at ANZ ,

even though the vast majority would prefer to watch them at their home ground, The SCG.

That's it for me on this subject. Bye Bye Barry.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    That's it for me on this subject. Bye Bye Barry.
    You cant help yourself when it comes to ANZ bashing. Youll be back.

What are the stats like if you take the collingwood games out of the equation?

Anz's figures are helped significantly by the fact that invariably the 'blockbuster' games against the big melbourne clubs are scheduled there.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar

including games against collingwood hawthorn and the tigers. All three would have drawn a bigger crowd at the scg.

You are flogging a dead horse

Senior Player

As already mentioned the games scheduled at Homebush are meant to be the games that should pull the biggest crowds and ideally attract crowds larger then the SCG can handle. Your "statistics " if factual actually provide even more ammunition against playing games at a ground that is becoming eerily reminiscent of Arctic Park . Although at Waverly people actually had plenty of car parking at least and was an AFL specific configured venue so had a much better atmosphere
    Given the opponents scheduled and to then have average crowds only 1k more than the Swans real home ground suggests that it is a venue that doesn't resonate with MOST supporters of our club. It's not worse or bad or anything specific it's just unloved.

No one would argue a dead rubber vs richmond with stars missing in the wet is bigger top of the table clash with port, seriously?

quit the BS.

Regular in the Side
    If you are a swans member but didnt go today, are you really just a pseudo "scg" member.

Anyone want to own up to that?
    I have an SCG Membership only.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    What are the stats like if you take the collingwood games out of the equation?

Anz's figures are helped significantly by the fact that invariably the 'blockbuster' games against the big melbourne clubs are scheduled there.
    Taking collingwood out doesnt change things much. Do you own homework next time.

Goes up to 11
    How about we close this thread? It's getting silly.

Senior Player
    It's not only vocal eastern suburbs people I live in QLD and came down last year for the Collingwood game at Homebush. It was an experience I will never repeat. I also went to Wellington to watch them play St Kilda and would go back without hesitation. Why ? Simply put the experience and atmosphere. It says it all when an venue overseas that would never have envisaged AFL being played when it was constructed is a preferable destination for this supporter. Mind you even Victoria Park , Windy Hill and Whitten Oval had a better atmosphere. And no I am not stuck in the past as possibly one of the best venues to experience AFL in my opinion is the Suns home ground on the Gold Coast which not coincidentally was designed to maximise the AFL spectators experience.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast