Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 457

Thread: Goodes and booing

  1. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Gillon sitting on the fence as usual

  2. #26
    Pushing for Selection ASSASSIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ᴘᴀʟᴍ ʙᴇᴀᴄʜ ɴsᴡ
    Posts
    85
    does he have an official twitter account or tweet a support directly to Sydney Swans twitter account.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    One thing: does anyone know how to get messages to Jetta via the club to say bravo
    does he have an official twitter account or tweet a support directly to Sydney Swans twitter account.

  3. #27
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    15,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Gillon sitting on the fence as usual
    I thought his comments were quite reasonable. The sad reality is that it isn't going to stop, and for some, the more people ask them to stop, the more they will defend their right to do exactly what they choose.

    Most booing don't have a clue really why they are doing it, other than they are sheep, and they think it is "fun" or "cool".

  4. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I thought his comments were quite reasonable. The sad reality is that it isn't going to stop, and for some, the more people ask them to stop, the more they will defend their right to do exactly what they choose.

    Most booing don't have a clue really why they are doing it, other than they are sheep, and they think it is "fun" or "cool".
    Hi Liz I agree with you

    Francis Leach covers it pretty well

    403 Forbidden

  5. #29
    Gerard Whateley is somewhat more direct than Gillon.

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-2...?section=sport
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

  6. #30
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    8,443
    It shouldn't be the responsibility of the aboriginal players to take action, but it may be the only way to get some results. Perhaps something along the lines of the 'silent' protest in the NBA following the Donald Sterling racist comments. The aboriginal players (not all players) could wear an armband of sorts as an act of protest or even cover the AFL logo on their jumpers and say they won't show the AFL logo until the AFL stops the racist booing. This way the fans can see how players the love from their own clubs feel about the issue. Maybe if Hawthorn fans see that it upsets Burgoyne and Rioli it will make them stop. Or the AFL needs to be embarrassed into doing something substantial.

  7. #31
    Reefer Madness
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in a yellow submarine
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Gerard Whateley is somewhat more direct than Gillon.

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-2...?section=sport
    Of course he is. Gillon is an utter pea-heart.

    It took until the frustrations of a shy young 26 year old player boiled over (albeit, with brilliant simplicity and elegance) before the CEO of our game said anything of substance.

    This has been going on for months, is as disgraceful a thing as we will see in our game, and Gil has been silent. Appalling.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

  8. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Of course he is. Gillon is an utter pea-heart.

    It took until the frustrations of a shy young 26 year old player boiled over (albeit, with brilliant simplicity and elegance) before the CEO of our game said anything of substance.

    This has been going on for months, is as disgraceful a thing as we will see in our game, and Gil has been silent. Appalling.
    No he hasn't. What about "they can't have everyone".

  9. #33
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    8,443
    Just listened to Gerard Whateley's comments and he's spot on. It's time to end playing down this issue and sweeping it under the carpet. And it's time for the apologists to make a stand as well. The whole thing has become unbearably ugly. It's such a convenient cover to say you're booing Adam Goodes because he stages or crap like that. We all know what's going on. The AFL knows it. They should do something about it. What happening is that AFL games are being used by the racist elements in Australia to get a 'free ride.' It's very very ugly.

  10. #34
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by ASSASSIN View Post
    The southern states (cities) (adeliade/melb and perth) are known for their racism. whats new.
    Wait What?

  11. #35
    Happy and I know it
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,241
    Statement by West Coast Eagles: Club statement - westcoasteagles.com.au
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

  12. #36
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Inner West
    Posts
    1,857
    Last year Italian soccer teams Lazio & Intermilan had their fans locked out of home games
    following their racial abuse of Juventus players in earlier games.
    Lazio were also penalised by having to play two Europa league games in empty stadiums.
    This is the sort of penalty the AFL should be considering if the shameful treatment of
    Adam Goodes continues.
    While it continues we are just a grubby little country full of grubby little people.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO