Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodes and booing

If Goodes doesn't play this weekend, I won't be at the SCG this Saturday.

Veteran Site Admin
    No Cookies | Herald Sun

Here are some details of the second incident at Sunday's game that led to a person being ejected from the ground.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    If Goodes doesn't play this weekend, I won't be at the SCG this Saturday.
    So the club won't put any pressure on Adam but Swans fans will?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    No Cookies | Herald Sun

Here are some details of the second incident at Sunday's game that led to a person being ejected from the ground.
    Don't read the comments, its very depressing.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    This is fast becoming something that will start to present Australia in a lesser light.

All the media attention is sure to have it picked up overseas.

I dare say it won't be long before it's being discussed by politicians.
    Let's hope so. I am so sickened by what is unfolding that I hope it gets picked up by every major network in the US and elsewhere besides. I hope they put a torch on the reality that we live in a country that has an ugly racist underbelly.

When people talk about how the nazis could do what they did it often boils down to disbelief that apparently innocuous people could act in unspeakably evil ways.

It is of a different order of magnitude but make no mistake about what we are seeing here. same thing. The answer now as then is for ordinary people to stand up and not tolerate it.

I reckon all the swans should learn that war dance, its only a few steps. Our team has elite co-ordination (ahem) and should break through the banner with it at the start of each game until the end of the home and away season. That'll get everyone really going!

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I think the Cats away game is the chance to really take a stand as we have Tom Harley to negotiate through. I have had the thought that it would be very striking if, after Goodes has the ball for the first time, if there is booing then when the Cats next win the ball the Cats player hands it to Adam. That would be a very strong image.
    I read somewhere that Geelong are thinking of having the Cats players all shake Adam's hand before the game to show the supporters that they stand with him. I for one would love to see that happen.

I'll be at the game next week, but only because I bought my tickets before this latest mess reared it's head. I have lived in Geelong my whole life and while I'm sure there are a lot of lovely people here, the vast majority of football fans here are white bogans. 90% of the time when someone says something racist, they will precede it with "I'm not racist, but..". People boo because their small mind tells them they can and Tom Harley and the Cats officials can say everything they like but it can only make a difference if people are willing to look in the mirror and change. Sadly, most won't.

Has Brett Goodes made any public comment? Not that he should, but just wondering

They can all get stuffed.
    Every single last one of them.
    I've been vomiting all day it's made me so sick.
    If the stress of it all has made me sick... poor Adam.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by swansprincess View Post
    I read somewhere that Geelong are thinking of having the Cats players all shake Adam's hand before the game to show the supporters that they stand with him. I for one would love to see that happen.
    Me too. I dislike the cats with a passion (because of the idiot here at work that follows them), but they would gain great respect from me should they do that. A simple gesture, but it would mean a lot to Adam, and I think mean a lot to Swans fans everywhere as well.

On that point, it would be great for the AFL more generally to introduce a 'fair play handshake' before each game, in much a similar way that Soccer does (one of the few things well thought out by fifa)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    You're penalizing the Swans, not the opposition supporters. Goodesy wouldn't want that.
    Don't worry too much SS Bleeder, we aren't playing at ANZ on the weekend, so its highly unlikely Barry would have been there anyway!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Read this and weep - so inspiring. Not just the writing but the images.

43 Simple Reasons Adam Goodes Is A Deadset @@@@ing Legend - BuzzFeed News
    enhanced-8212-1438135501-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Read this and weep - so inspiring. Not just the writing but the images.

43 Simple Reasons Adam Goodes Is A Deadset @@@@ing Legend - BuzzFeed News
    enhanced-8212-1438135501-1.jpg
    Thanks for posting.
    After all the ugliness in the media this was a welcome change