Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 AFL Draft

Does anyone have any thoughts on delisted Hawk Jordan Kelly? He can play on smalls and talls in defence and was Box Hills most consistant player this year (assuming that is consistently good not consistently bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Sorry if wrong topic but the others are too huge to ask..... Have we heard what the reward is for letting go of Membrey yet? Surely if we achieve a higher pick than our first live one (39 from memory), we might have a chance of getting someone decent as you are suggesting CD.
    Our first pick is 37. No we won't get anything for Membrey because he will go in the Preseason draft.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Actually in addition to the above, since our trade and draft period has been/will be so slow, would those regular ressies watchers and other draft experts give us some analysis on our 3 NSW academy draftees. There is plenty of info on Heeney but not so much on Davis and Hiscox, would love to get some details on these boys.
    Jack Hiscox; He plays outside mid or HFF. He is really fast, super fast. Jack is the Australian 800 metre Champ. He clocked the fastest time at the Draft Camp for the 3,000 metres. He is giving up Athletics to concentrate on footy. He is a pretty good kick and if the opposition give him a metre he will make 100 metres out of it. He is good overhead and although still slightly built is surprisingly strong. Expect lots of Jetts like runs from him. He'd beat Jetts in a sprint I think due to his Athletics training.

Abaina (Abe) Davis; He starred for the Rams at CHF. But in the last part of the season he played CHB. He is pretty strong but I would like to see him throw his weight around a bit more. He will learn that in the coming years. He is a pretty good mark and his kicking s very sound. I liked him floating across HB in the CHB possie. He is a natural there. This bloke will be ok I think if he brings more aggression to the table.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Defender Oscar McDonald seems as though he would be a perfect match for us. Unfortunately the last article I read about the draft suggests that he has moved up from a top 40 to a top 30 pick. The chances of him still being available at pick 37 are not great.

good if right???

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Our first pick is 37. No we won't get anything for Membrey because he will go in the Preseason draft.
    Not even! Thry got him for free as a delisted free agent
    The still have first pick in the PSD
    Tigers, Saints & Dogs were pretty active with DFA's ... why not us?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Not even! Thry got him for free as a delisted free agent
    The still have first pick in the PSD
    Tigers, Saints & Dogs were pretty active with DFA's ... why not us?
    Because we don't have spots on the list to fill. We've chosen to place faith in three of our young rookies from last year, promoting them all to the senior list and retaining another on the rookie list (and after promoting two from the same rookie list intake to the senior list at the end of last year).

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Because we don't have spots on the list to fill. We've chosen to place faith in three of our young rookies from last year, promoting them all to the senior list and retaining another on the rookie list (and after promoting two from the same rookie list intake to the senior list at the end of last year).
    Ah yes, wasn't thinking

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Would be an absolute miracle if McDonald is still around at pick 37 but he would fit in perfectly
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Jack Hiscox; He plays outside mid or HFF. He is really fast, super fast. Jack is the Australian 800 metre Champ. He clocked the fastest time at the Draft Camp for the 3,000 metres. He is giving up Athletics to concentrate on footy. He is a pretty good kick and if the opposition give him a metre he will make 100 metres out of it. He is good overhead and although still slightly built is surprisingly strong. Expect lots of Jetts like runs from him. He'd beat Jetts in a sprint I think due to his Athletics training.
    Joshua Ralph is actually the Australian 800m champ. I believe that they were both in the same athletics club, Jack is about 6 seconds slower over 800, still pretty good for someone concentrating on footy.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Senior Player
    Abaina (Abe) Davis; He starred for the Rams at CHF. But in the last part of the season he played CHB. He is pretty strong but I would like to see him throw his weight around a bit more. He will learn that in the coming years. He is a pretty good mark and his kicking s very sound. I liked him floating across HB in the CHB possie. He is a natural there. This bloke will be ok I think if he brings more aggression to the table.
    Who would you liken him to? Saddington?
    C'mon Chels!

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    Who would you liken him to? Saddington?
    That handsome?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast