Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: RWO site changes, bugs, disruptions thread

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Yes. I see what you mean. The problem goes back a long way with repeated citations of the original error. It's a bit tricky to notice that there's a problem in those circumstances.
    I think it's usually pretty clear. There's a second name that appears above the text box in which the quote appears. That name will be that of the person you are actually trying to reply to. The name that shows in the text box as "originally posted by" will be the name of the poster that the first person (ie the one you are trying to reply to) replied to. (Sorry, that is a horribly constructed sentence but hopefully you can decipher it.)

If you are replying (with quote) to a post where there are two names appearing at the top, it's a warning check your own quote tabs to make sure you're quoting what you want to quote, and also that it is attributed to the correct poster.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The Canadians are coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to cause an international incident.
    How did we end up in this thread? Someone must have flicked the switch on the Post Transporter. Are you okay, Barry? Did you make it through to the other side?

Sorry I stuffed up the past players thread with the link, and can't delete the post and fix it

Can someone please fix and I'll go and give myself 50 lashings in the corner
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Just stuffed up the trading, drafting list management thread by posting a fairfax link, apologies

Veterans List
    Was RWO down last night (Thursday) around 7pm?

Regular in the Side
    I have been having trouble logging in ,seems like my system says problem at R&W, can u help and aswer why this is happpening. First time in day ok but after that nothing

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    I have been having trouble logging in ,seems like my system says problem at R&W, can u help and aswer why this is happpening. First time in day ok but after that nothing
    I have been having a similar experience. Had to go without two days to get on today.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Same, couldn't open the page earlier today.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    The site has been crashing a bit recently. I gather there are some "instabilities" caused by a couple of the modules. Dan is aware of them but has other calls on his time right now. He'll get to the fixes when he gets to them. In the meantime, it is possible (likely) that there will be further outages.

It's offseason, so that shouldn't cause too much distress to anyone.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Hi guys, apologies for the recent downtime, looks a bit more stable now. I'll do some updates over the weekend. If it does go down, I'm able to get to it much quicker so just check in 30 minutes later and it should normally be up.

Interestingly there are a lot of 'guest' accounts camped on random threads, I'll look into whether that's a factor.

On another topic, is anyone having trouble uploading images?
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Hi guys, apologies for the recent downtime, looks a bit more stable now. I'll do some updates over the weekend. If it does go down, I'm able to get to it much quicker so just check in 30 minutes later and it should normally be up.

Interestingly there are a lot of 'guest' accounts camped on random threads, I'll look into whether that's a factor.

On another topic, is anyone having trouble uploading images?
    In regards to uploading images, reasonably often I get a message, along the lines of 'file size too big'. Generally I would work around that, by taking a screen shot of the image and then cropping it.

And just out of idle curiosity, what do you mean by guest accounts?

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    In regards to uploading images, reasonably often I get a message, along the lines of 'file size too big'. Generally I would work around that, by taking a screen shot of the image and then cropping it.

And just out of idle curiosity, what do you mean by guest accounts?
    'Accounts' is probably the wrong term. Guests, i.e. non-registered visitors on the forum. Some will be people (RWO has a number of regular users who have never registered), some will be bots.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector