Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: RWO site changes, bugs, disruptions thread

I'm using Safari on my MacBook to type this response. I normally use Chrome on the same laptop. I doubt the same browser technology is used for the laptop compared to their mobile technology.

Formatting seems to be working again.

The "reply with quote" has not been working for some time when using either chrome or safari on a desktop.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    The "reply with quote" has not been working for some time when using either chrome or safari on a desktop.
    I use (mostly) Edge on a desktop. Most of the time the "reply with quote" is OK but there are times when it doesn't respond. Try clicking the "reply with quote" button a second time (while it is thinking about things). That often works for me.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I use (mostly) Edge on a desktop. Most of the time the "reply with quote" is OK but there are times when it doesn't respond. Try clicking the "reply with quote" button a second time (while it is thinking about things). That often works for me.
    This solution works for me too (Chrome on a Mac). I get the "blue spinning wheel" but a second click, or two rapid clicks the first time, sorts it out.

Another issue is that when I do this, I don't see any buttons for formatting the post. I'm sure they used to be there?

Veteran Site Admin
    The formatting buttons - including the one to add a link to sites without messing up the thread formatting - seem to have completely disappeared, whether you reply to post, use "quick reply" or start a new thread altogether. I think this dates from that week when the entire forum formatting went skew-whiff for a while.

I don't know why, but I suspect we're using a pretty old version of forum software.

Edit - I just looked on my phone (iPhone, using Safari) and I see the formatting buttons are still there if I want to respond to a post (and presumably start a new thread). Must be something to do with just the desktop version of the forum software.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I thought I would have a look at my mobile version (google pixel 7 + chrome) and there are no formatting buttons.
    Also, no formatting buttons with Firefox on my phone
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 8th May 2023 at 10:39 AM.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    I just noticed that the formatting buttons - including the one to safely add links to certain sites - seem to have returned (at least on my Edge-using PC).

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    I need to migrate to VB5. VB4 is no longer supported, so over time it's going to become more unreliable.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

About 10 days ago I started having problems with slow loading of the RWO website. I have been getting a connection timed out message after 30 seconds. I can usually get the website to load eventually, but there is definitely something wrong. I haven't noticed any other computer problems during this period. I am having this problem on different devices and operating systems, but haven't tried it out using a different wifi.

I am just tying to narrow down the problem and am wondering if there has been some change with the RWO system that might account for this.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    An alternative is to use the Tapatalk app on a mobile device. Quote function works just fine there.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Tapatalk is not a viable option on a desktop (short of running some sort of emulator). As with AB Swannie, "reply with quote" not working on desktop (in my case Chrome and Firefox) but working on Safari on iOS (albeit with a slight workaround which is to go to the "Go Advanced" button.