Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: RWO site changes, bugs, disruptions thread

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    I have to log-in every time I open RWO. Any suggestions as to why?

It was working fine a week ago. I would stay logged on all the time, even after restating my lap top.
    sprite

Veteran Site Admin
    Have you made sure you check the “stay logged in” box?

When I’m occasionally prompted to re-log in, I know I often forget to check the box in my haste / exasperation at having to log in. And because the box is underneath the ID and password boxes.

Veterans List
    There appears to be an issue quoting other posts at the moment? Seem to be able to post but not with a quote.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    There appears to be an issue quoting other posts at the moment? Seem to be able to post but not with a quote.
    Tested fine for me through windows+firefox
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Using Chrome and still a problem for me.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Using Chrome and still a problem for me.
    Tested with Windows 10 + Chrome Version 110.0.5481.97 (Official Build) (64-bit) and it is working.

edit: It didn't work with Brave though
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    I think it's time to post this as a bug. I assume that the desktop version of the site looks like this for other people:

My guess is that the stylesheet (CSS) for the desktop site and perhaps some Javascript is not loading properly. I note that some components of the site are served securely (HTTPS) and others are not (HTTP), which might be an issue.

I haven't looked at the desktop site since Thursday, but it was problematic then. I also have much the same problem with the mobile site: same odd format; not being able to reply to specific posts, and having to go a roundabout way to view the recent posts in a thread.

Occasionally it reverts to normal, but that's probably only about 5% of the time.

Oh, and just trying to post, reminded me that each time I do, I get a warning saying that the site is not secure.

RWO via Tapatalk on mobile devices is working fine.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I think it's time to post this as a bug. I assume that the desktop version of the site looks like this for other people:

My guess is that the stylesheet (CSS) for the desktop site and perhaps some Javascript is not loading properly. I note that some components of the site are served securely (HTTPS) and others are not (HTTP), which might be an issue.
    Yep have the same issue and suspect those are the causes.
    season 2012- top 4 here we come

Mine looks like this on Chrome but it is fine on Safari.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Mine looks like this on Chrome but it is fine on Safari.
    I suspect the distinction is mobile vs desktop, given Safari is mostly used on iPhones (and maybe on the other kind of phone too - don't know).

The desktop site has actually been working fine for me since sometime yesterday. I don't know if this is because Dan has done something to fix the issue, or its just a brief interlude in an extended period of dysfunction.

The only person with both the know-how and access to fix the problem - if he hasn't already - is Dan(zar).