Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Intra Friday

UGG there was a few double up jersey numbers but different colours

there was also two number 20 jersey

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    He definitely is not 80kg more like 85-90. I saw him at training and he is a very good build not skinny as would ber the case if he were 194 and 80kg. The Swans site had Tom Mitchell as 201cm at one stage. Some of their stats are dodgy.

i agree........closer to 85kg
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    10 red is Jackson Monk according to the team lists
    It was Jones. The team lists were wrong. Tom Derrickx played in 39 Red and he was down as 19.

AG I thought Melican played really well as did Rose, except the third when he faded out. Heeney was good but I would like to see him in the centre square. Liked Aliir's game a lot. Tip, Goodsie, Rohan, Lloydy all didn't finish. Lloydy has injured his elbow apparently. Saw him go down and caught my breath. I hope he is going to be ok. Don't know what happened to Rohan but he didn't return after half time. Tip the same but I trhink thsat might be just management with him. Same with Goodsie.

I think Marsh had better do something really fast or he will be heading out the door at seasons end.

agree and agree

only defence for Swampy is that the team he was on had Rampe, Grundy and Shaw were so dominant with the play making out of the backs and had a stack of support from dominant players playing decent minutes in the backs such as KJ, Reid and Jetta also chimed in the backline quite a bit
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 27th February 2015 at 10:14 PM.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Took my trusty camera and took these shots. Check em out

Swans Intra Club Match 2015 - an album on Flickr
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Veteran Site Admin
    So where are all the reports? We must have had other RWOers present at the game?

i meant to say McGlynn had a really strong game

Sounds as if there were some highlights from reports above and this article below. Would have loved to have been there but I was at the SCG watching de Villiers hit 162 off 66 balls - which wasn't a bad alternative!

"WATCHING Adam Goodes sprint around Henson Park in Sydney�s intra-club match on Friday night it was hard to believe he�s 35 and about to embark on his 18th season in the AFL. It was vintage Goodes as he showed all the speed and athleticism of his early days."
    No Cookies | Herald Sun

Another writer impressed with Goodes.
    "Anyone who doubted Adam Goodes had the ability to still compete in the rarified air of the AFL's elite need only have watched the 35-year-old dual-premiership player charge around Henson Park at the Swans' intra-club match on Friday night. Amid a lot of scrappy play from a bunch of hungry but rusty players, Goodes was commanding, blending his vast experience with the kind of exuberance one might expect from a player with everything to prove."
    Adam Goodes shines in Sydney Swans intra-club match

just to be fair...........Adam is doing very well for 35 yrs of age but he is no where near the player he was...........the reports saying vintage Goodes is not a true comparison

ie he wont be winning a Brownlow in 2015 but he did show that he will keep out a few players from the best 22 still.... if he can continue as per yesterday

Shaw took over in the main Mals role yesterday thru the middle and rapping around with Lloyds leads looking for that extra give and go that Mal was so good at

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Apparently Jetta was good off halfback. I hope he proves me wrong (never been a big fan) and Rose did really well also (Wasn't expecting that either). I still can't imagine Jetta in that position. Not disciplined enough.
    Rose was solid and has a go but struggled to execute and because and he and Heeney have the same hair do and from a distance look similar (almost identical height and weight) you would expect that the columnist maybe have mixed them up

At half time the announcer at that ground had no idea what he was saying re who impressed in the first half

BTW Towers had an interesting role of predominantly playing a run with role with Lloyd first half out on the wing...............he did ok but Lloyd was dominant

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast