Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Swans Intra Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Sorry I meant small defenders as in they are playing on a small forward, they've both played that role with decent success.
    Rampe's probably our most versatile backman. He can play on talls and smalls. Our aim should be to have our set base of tall/small backman and for Rampe to be our "swingman backman". He's also got a good tank so he would be more than capable of stints in the midfield. The issue is that we already have a midfield glut.

Howdy all. I was there but was out all day Saturday and flew interstate Sunday so this is my first chance to log in to RWO since the game. Shameful of me!

I thought it was a great evening and am glad the Swans chose the venue and the timeslot. I thought the match itself was high on effort but a bit down on skill. Lloyd was fantastic until he got injured. McGlynn must have close to the best engine on the team now. He was running Hanners all over the place at times. I did like Aliir's work too and McLaren is also one to watch. Mitchell's performance was my highlight though. I did like Jetta at halfback mind you.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    my team based on how some of the snrs have come back and also taking into account the continual development of the rookies

on the SCG i would have Tip at FF and rotating thru the ruck definitely (now that his knee looks like he can jump into the ruck again)

obviously different match ups for different teams...........unfortunately I am still not sure about Rohan at the back as he didnt show much in the intra........but time will tell and he is a ready made replacement for Goodes role in 2016 if Goodes retires

2015 Team:

Goodes, Tip, Bird
    Jack, Buddy, mcGlynn

Pyke
    Kennedy
    Parker
    Hannes
    HarryC
    Lloyd

Rampe, Grundy, Macca
    Smith, Ted, Shaw

19. Jetta
    20. Reid
    21. Mitchell
    22. Rohan

23. Hiscox - this guy will play games in the Snrs in 2015 and the player that is under massive pressure is Gary Rohan to hold his spot in the 22. Also I think that if we change to a bit more of a Port Adelaide style of game plan in stages of a game we may see Hiscox push out one of our strong in and under players

24. Heeney - no doubt Heeney and Mitchell will be fighting for a spot initially and for me, Mitchell is ready by a length on Heeney, just for now as Heeney has been off legs a lot this preason

25. Jones - I think Shaw looked still very sharp and commanding in the trials..........so Jones will get his chance in time

26. Melican - very much our next AJ........say no more

27. Towers - wont look out of place and his endurance is now getting there

28. Brandon - BJ is on the rise and as his decision making keeps improving he will be worthy of a spot in the 22.

29. Laidler - it is a shame he has that laid back body language hence why he has such a lovely kick on him but he could certainly be needed in our back 6 rotation depending on how it goes with Reid playing a swingman role

30. Aliir - will anyone be able to stop this guy from featuring in our Snr back line ? he is a seriously exciting defender that may be a 10 year player for the Swans in my opinion. He is well ahead of Grundy and Ted at the same age

31. Robinson - so much like Birdy where they are very strong players but lack speed.........therefore how many slow vs fast players can you have rotating through your midfield is the big question. I dont think against the Hawks or Port in a Finals type game you can carry Parker, Kennedy, Bird, Macca, Mitchell, Robinson etc .........so for Robinson only gets in when we have a couple of injuries to midfielders in Snrs who are a little on the slow side

all other players like TD and X and Naismith etc can step up if need be but the above 9 players would be my picks to step in when needed
    I listened to Macca SwansTV - Jarrad McVeigh Interview - sydneyswans.com.au and he alluded to Jetta having a significant role in the backs........he mentioned that himself and Laidler could also feature down back but definitely he mentioned Jetta as a significant back

The interesting person who was not mentioned in the backline was Gary Rohan missing from any discussion in the backs !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789