B Smith Richards Shaw

HB Rampe Grundy Macca

C Hannes Parker Lloyd

HF Cunningham Franklin Bird

F Goodes Tippett McGlynn

R Pyke, Kennedy, K Jack

Bench; Jetta, Mitchell, Reid, Rohan

Em; Towers, Heeney, Laidler
    Agree that this will be the round 1 team if all players are fit as we all know how conservative our selection committee is. It'll be just the one change from the GF, out - Malceski and in - T. Mitchell. Heeney and the others will get there chance later on through injury and poor form from a couple no doubt (yes I mean you G. Rohan) but we will go in predictable for round 1.

I disagree, I think one of Heeney or towers will be there round 1, most likely at Shaws expense. With Rohan and or Jetta going back, I don't think there's a spot for Shaw.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I disagree, I think one of Heeney or towers will be there round 1, most likely at Shaws expense. With Rohan and or Jetta going back, I don't think there's a spot for Shaw.
    I think that's what most of us think is best but the question is really what will the selection committee value more. Experience and on field leadership or form ?

I personally would go for Heeney over shaw. The other variables will be if we have any injuries after next weekends nab challenge game and we are also assuming Tippett mcglynn Reid Etc will all be fit to go round one. Yes we mostly all agree they should play if fit. So the door is open for shaw towers and I will add Robinson depending on injuries. I would place Robinson ahead of laidler but again I think the selectors may thinK the opposite

only other comment i have is that god it will be hard to stop Heeney

the kid had a very good hit out against Freeo and I would like to see him string a little more together but if Rohan isnt playing that well which he hasnt so far this pre season then we may see Heeney get straight into the 22
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    only other comment i have is that god it will be hard to stop Heeney

the kid had a very good hit out against Freeo and I would like to see him string a little more together but if Rohan isnt playing that well which he hasnt so far this pre season then we may see Heeney get straight into the 22
    Hmm I would place Towers ahead of Heeny at this stage and if it is a swap for Rohan (who needs to do more over next couple of weeks) Towers would be my pick. I think Heeny will be a great player and get his chance later in the season.

NAB: Syd v Frem Q3 - sydneyswans.com.au

13mins 30 seconds on this video is interesting

Heeney gets a away a kick out on the full under pressure
    He then pushes around 2 players immediately after
    he has fire
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617