Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still the Bloods?

Jono - you're missing the point.

There's 4-5 articles a year that are worth agreeing with strongly. This is number one.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Interesting article.
    The point about the tackles to 1/4 time gives credence to the article, however I would think from the coaches down it would be a bitter pill to swallow and hopefully give them motivation to succeed.
    Last year was a fantastic year for the club for all but 1 game.

The thing that hurt so much about the GF was not so much that we lost but the way we lost. Gary might be onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    The thing that hurt so much about the GF was not so much that we lost but the way we lost. Gary might be onto something.
    That's what still eats at me about the Grand Final. I can take that the thought that you can't win them all (look at 1933-36, we made 4 grand finals, only to get 1 flag), but it was the way we got beat that hurts. Never gave a whimper after the first 10 minutes, and just let the wees and poos run all over us as they please.... that feeling will hopefully drive the players all season long.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

How can the trade ban affect our performance on GF day? Jono that is one thing I'm struggling to understand

Goes up to 11
    Lyon, like many, is treating our crappy GF performance as a portent of our immediate demise.

I don't agree with that view.

Anyway a more balanced article would have cited the AFL trade ban as one contributing factor to a potential slide down the ladder in 2015. Lyon didn't cite this and relied upon the GF performance plus some of the conjecture and speculation that's been floating around since the start of last year.

Twelve months ago the Melbourne media and experts were sprouting about the instability that would occur because of Buddy. So take these comments about the potential slide as bull crap. The only way to silence the experts is by results, so bring on next Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Lyon, like many, is treating our crappy GF performance as a portent of our immediate demise.

I don't agree with that view.

Anyway a more balanced article would have cited the AFL trade ban as one contributing factor to a potential slide down the ladder in 2015. Lyon didn't cite this and relied upon the GF performance plus some of the conjecture and speculation that's been floating around since the start of last year.
    Ok that I understand

Anyone who was at the ground last september and had the misfortune as I did of sitting amongst a crowd of Hawthorn fans, felt embarrassed and harrassed by that performance. It was so out of character, so timid and so overwhelming that I still have not recovered.
    I agree with much of the criticism in the article in fact I find it hard to disagree with anything at all, except for the points made by Liz, wrt to the recruitment of Franklin and Tippett being unusual.
    There were some efforts, that need to be redeemed and some reputations that have been tarnished, yet that is why we love this game. Anyone can turn themselves around and this club is a great club because we have always believed. I still believe.

Senior Player
    I still believe too.

Regular in the Side
    It's good to be back on line - I too think it was a long off season.

We may win or we may lose in 2015, but with our list, we will be at the pointier end of the season. Furthermore, if there's one thing that's for certain, it's that cutural change is long term - it does not happen overnight. And I would have loved to have shipped Patful in.

Quote Originally Posted by tasswan View Post
    Interesting article.
    The point about the tackles to 1/4 time gives credence to the article, however I would think from the coaches down it would be a bitter pill to swallow and hopefully give them motivation to succeed.
    Last year was a fantastic year for the club for all but 1 game.
    And the first three of course ????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    How can the trade ban affect our performance on GF day? Jono that is one thing I'm struggling to understand
    Didn't the AFL advise the club of the ban during GF week? I do wonder whether this could affect the mindset of those who knew. It's one thing to say that the players and coaches should be professional enough to "forget about it" but actually doing that wouldn't be easy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast