Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still the Bloods?

Goes up to 11
    BTW Lyon has tipped us to finish 5th this year....

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    Anyone who was at the ground last september and had the misfortune as I did of sitting amongst a crowd of Hawthorn fans, felt embarrassed and harrassed by that performance. It was so out of character, so timid and so overwhelming that I still have not recovered.
    I agree with much of the criticism in the article in fact I find it hard to disagree with anything at all, except for the points made by Liz, wrt to the recruitment of Franklin and Tippett being unusual.
    There were some efforts, that need to be redeemed and some reputations that have been tarnished, yet that is why we love this game. Anyone can turn themselves around and this club is a great club because we have always believed. I still believe.
    I was embarrased by the performance, but not harrassed by it. There was a lot of harrassment going on from the Wees and poos fans towards those in Red and White unfortunately.

I still believe also..... bring on 2015 - lets knock those Dawks off their arrogant perch.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I was embarrased by the performance, but not harrassed by it. There was a lot of harrassment going on from the Wees and poos fans towards those in Red and White unfortunately.

I still believe also..... bring on 2015 - lets knock those Dawks off their arrogant perch.
    My girlfriend (who is was in the fledgling stage of her love of the Swans) & I were subjected to it by an obnoxious, rotund, drunk younger boof head in front of us ... all day

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    My girlfriend (who is was in the fledgling stage of her love of the Swans) & I were subjected to it by an obnoxious, rotund, drunk younger boof head in front of us ... all day
    There was a family a few seats down from me in our bay that left at around midpoint of the 3rd quarter - with the two kids (probably around 10 years old each) in tears, due to the unrelenting abuse from a group of Hawks fans sitting at the end of the next bay.

What made it worse was that a number of us in the area reported the group to the phone number you are supposed to, and one guy went and spoke to stewards at half time about them, but absolutely nothing was done to try and address it (not suprising). By the time I left (mid 4th quarter), they were continuing at full chorus, off their faces on booze and intent on baiting and abusing swans fans, rather than celebrating the achievements of their team. They got a fairly nasty spray from me on the way out, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one letting out a bit of frustration in their direction (they made a terrible day utterly unbearable). It really was awful.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

He's an idiot.
    Tipoff's not on a long-term contract. His contract was for two years only.
    Bad journalism.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    There was a family a few seats down from me in our bay that left at around midpoint of the 3rd quarter - with the two kids (probably around 10 years old each) in tears, due to the unrelenting abuse from a group of Hawks fans sitting at the end of the next bay.

What made it worse was that a number of us in the area reported the group to the phone number you are supposed to, and one guy went and spoke to stewards at half time about them, but absolutely nothing was done to try and address it (not suprising). By the time I left (mid 4th quarter), they were continuing at full chorus, off their faces on booze and intent on baiting and abusing swans fans, rather than celebrating the achievements of their team. They got a fairly nasty spray from me on the way out, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one letting out a bit of frustration in their direction (they made a terrible day utterly unbearable). It really was awful.
    Yup, we SMS'd the number too. No one came ????

I must be one of the few who had no problems with the Hawks supporters at the GF. We had a fence separating us from them. The worst I saw was them giving us the "shhh" sign (index finger over their lips) and a few other motions they directed towards us whenever they kicked a goal (which was quite frequently). I would just shrug my shoulders at them as if to say WTF is going on. The security was constantly patrolling our area and talking to individuals, including a Swans supporter behind me from Sydney that was acting aggressively towards the Hawks supporters and was nearly kicked out.

I also went to The Cricketers Arms with some Hawks supporters before and after the game and still no issues at all. No-one, even my mates, rubbed my nose in their victory at all.

That said, I have previously had issues with the Hawks supporters. I used to work at VFL Park many years ago and they were always causing trouble even back then.

He's clearly drawn too many conclusions from two hours of footy.

Yes, it was awful but between R5 and GF morning, we were a bloody good team. We still are.

If we'd missed the 8 or gone out in straight sets, he'd have a point. No balance at all to the article and this is from a bloke who says that he doesn't watch much footy.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

this may not be the right place for my comment but .. ... .. watching the GF on tv last year was torture but it was made worse by the constant ads. It was so hard to understand the flow of the game because every goal scored (and there were lots) resulted in immediate cross to an ad. I don't understand how such a huge game was televised by commercial tv only, and that they were allowed to spoil it so completley. So much happens on the ground after a goal, I wanted to see what the guys were doing then. Does anyone know if this will be the case again this year ?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Margo View Post
    this may not be the right place for my comment but .. ... .. watching the GF on tv last year was torture but it was made worse by the constant ads. It was so hard to understand the flow of the game because every goal scored (and there were lots) resulted in immediate cross to an ad. I don't understand how such a huge game was televised by commercial tv only, and that they were allowed to spoil it so completley. So much happens on the ground after a goal, I wanted to see what the guys were doing then. Does anyone know if this will be the case again this year ?
    At least until the end of this media rights deal and is also due to the anti-siphoning laws

Quote Originally Posted by Margo View Post
    Um... without the ads, you get no free to air games. That's the nature of the media deal. That's where the AFL get their bread and butter money.
    You can pay for foxtel and get ad free games.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Pick the clubs two worst games for 2014 and judge their prospects for 2015 on that? Did he not see what happened between Round 1 and the Grand Final?

I understand he needs to fill column space. Just hope he's big enough to say "I was wrong" when we -hopefully! - prove him to be!.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast