Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Game Day Thread Rnd 1 V Bombers

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Heeney's blond hair stands out.

That stand out look that he has will also generate good marketing dollars for him and the Swans.
    Plus the girls will be bashing down his door as we speak. He has a fantastic future ahead of him. Well done mate.....
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    What a long bow you've drawn. Do your arms hurt now?
    Um... people don't turn up to ANZ because it's ANZ.
    It has nothing to do with Essenscum being a pack of drug cheats.
    Morally bankrupt if a bit of rain is a bigger issue then drug cheating.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Personally whilst I think drugs have no place in sport it's time for us to move past this episode in the games history. I do agree with roos that we shouldn't have a three strike policy but I don't think there is anything more to be gained by dragging on the essendon drama any longer

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Personally whilst I think drugs have no place in sport
    I disagree!

I think my heart medication before and. after Swans matches is doing wonders.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I disagree!

I think my heart medication before and. after Swans matches is doing wonders.
    Right on! For Swans fans heart meds are up there with pies and sauce - essential provisions.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Honey, this is the Sydney Swans.
    People of the eastern suburbs think that the far western suburbs lie on the western side of King Street, Newtown.
    The people of the east don't like to venture out to ANZ... it's too far.
    Add a bit of rain into the mix, and you've just lost another 2000 people.
    We Sydney people are a fickle lot.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Then I guess I must be morally bankrupt cause it never occurred to me to boycott the game because of the drugs saga. The inclement weather and Easter Show crowds on the other hand...

I went BECAUSE of the drugs saga.
    Never, never, ever, ever miss an opportunity to boo Hird the Turd.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Did anyone watch the Whistleblowers segment on afl.com.au where - surprise, surprise - they showed the one time Buddy got an incorrect decision and the absolute howler against Rampe for playing on? Of course, they decided the latter was a totally correct decision even though Rampe was clearly decelerating and players constantly loop around off the line when getting back behind the mark.

Why don't they show the half dozen times that a Buddy has players wrestling him to the ground or the ridiculous deliberate OOB paid by Razor against Heeney or the non-existent push in the back against Rampe that cost us a goal?

It seems to be a consistent feature of this segment to either highlight the few occasions Swans get soft frees or to justify horrible decisions against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Did anyone watch the Whistleblowers segment on afl.com.au where - surprise, surprise - they showed the one time Buddy got an incorrect decision and the absolute howler against Rampe for playing on? Of course, they decided the latter was a totally correct decision even though Rampe was clearly decelerating and players constantly loop around off the line when getting back behind the mark.

Why don't they show the half dozen times that a Buddy has players wrestling him to the ground or the ridiculous deliberate OOB paid by Razor against Heeney or the non-existent push in the back against Rampe that cost us a goal?

It seems to be a consistent feature of this segment to either highlight the few occasions Swans get soft frees or to justify horrible decisions against us.
    Why should anyone be suprised that they are trying to justify poor calls. Been happening for years, and will keep happening. The OOB deliberate paid by little man was one of the worst calls you'll see all year.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    The issue has many folds.

Firstly an orchestrated program by the club which got a limp penalty by the AFL. Hird is still coach.
    Then the lack of any penalty for players who allowed injecting of unknown substances into them, breaking every rule in the book.

But more importantly is the fact that essendon have shown how to get away with drugs... destroy the evidence. The matter goes away. AFL sanctioned cheating.

To "put it behind us", is to let the guilty walk free. I hope asada appeal, but if they dont it will only be because of lack of powers to gather evidence .
    Barry, now that our contract is at an end, there is no need for us to stick the boot into the craphole in Homebush.

There was a poor crowd. But I think more people boycotted the game because they only serve midstrength. You are flogging another one of your stable of dead horses.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Veteran Site Admin
    The posts that solely address the Essendon drugs saga, as opposed to last weekend's game, have been moved to the existing thread dedicated to that topic on the general AFL forum. They can be found here: Essendon affair

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021