Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 2 V Port.

For mine:
    OUT : Goodes, Cunningham, Towers
    IN : McVeigh, McGlynn, Mitchell

Unfortunately Goodes is now a cameo guy at best. He gets the run around by average opponents.
    As a fan who's enjoyed and marvelled at his entire AFL career, it's torturous to watch.

Give me McGlynns hardness and pure desire... And Mitchell's footy smarts and ball winning/distributing, over Towers and Cunningham's pace any day.

It's not enough getting to and from contests quickly, if you don't impact them.

And I certainly wouldn't be dropping Laidler. His intent and attack on the ball was second to none during last weeks come back.
    Last edited by ernie koala; 9th April 2015 at 12:34 AM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    And I certainly wouldn't be dropping Laidler. His intent and attack on the ball was second to none during last weeks come back.
    Playing like someone who wants to keep his spot. Maybe Harry does need to go back to the seconds to realise he has to work for his spot in the 22.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

For mine:
    OUT : Goodes, Cunningham, Towers
    IN : McVeigh, McGlynn, Mitchell

Unfortunately Goodes is now a cameo guy at best. He gets the run around by average opponents.
    As a fan who's enjoyed and marvelled at his entire AFL career, it's torturous to watch.

Give me McGlynns hardness and pure desire... And Mitchell's footy smarts and ball winning/distributing, over Towers and Cunningham's pace any day.

It's not enough getting to and from contests quickly, if you don't impact them.

I know Cunningham is down in form at the moment, but I wouldn't drop him for this weekend. He was excellent early last season against the Crows at the Adelaide oval - seemed to use his pace well on the longer ground. But I do agree that he needs to work much harder and play a greater role to keep his spot in the team.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

So, do you think the swans will turn up this week?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    It will be frustrating if Mitchell isn't picked this week (which I'm sure he won't be) but then is named as emergency and travels with the team...leaving him unable to play in the reserves.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar

I was saying to my mates last year during the GF, if we win Goodes will retire, if we lose he will play on. When he decided to play I thought Oh no.. His best days are long gone.Pity.
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I know Cunningham is down in form at the moment, but I wouldn't drop him for this weekend. He was excellent early last season against the Crows at the Adelaide oval - seemed to use his pace well on the longer ground. But I do agree that he needs to work much harder and play a greater role to keep his spot in the team.
    Just because he was good on this particular ground twelve months ago against an inferior opponent, doesn't mean he deserves to hold his spot this week.
    I'm a Harry fan but he was very poor against Essendon and the team can't afford any passengers against Port, it's enough to be carrying Goodes but at least he still has a few tricks up his sleeve. I agree with Rogue, Harry needs to go back to the twos and get his hunger back.

What do you mean carrying Goodesy?
    He's going to surprise you all. He's just a slow starter!!
    I'll be serving up fries to eat with your words.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    What do you mean carrying Goodesy?
    He's going to surprise you all. He's just a slow starter!!
    I'll be serving up fries to eat with your words.
    I really hope you're right Annie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I really hope you're right Annie.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Just because he was good on this particular ground twelve months ago against an inferior opponent, doesn't mean he deserves to hold his spot this week.
    I'm a Harry fan but he was very poor against Essendon and the team can't afford any passengers against Port, it's enough to be carrying Goodes but at least he still has a few tricks up his sleeve. I agree with Rogue, Harry needs to go back to the twos and get his hunger back.
    I would have no qualms if they drop him - but if it was me in the position make a decision, i would probably be willing to give him another go but make it very clear he is on notice. I guess what i as trying to say is the adelaide oval as a ground should suit a player like Cunningham more than anz did last week.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Good news with Lobbe unavailable for them.

FB: Jack Hombsch, Alipate Carlile, Jackson Trengove

HB: Jasper Pittard, Tom Jonas, Matthew Broadbent
    C: Jared Polec, Brad Ebert, Matt White
    HF: Robbie Gray, Justin Westhoff, Chad Wingard
    FF: Hamish Hartlett, Jay Schulz, Jake Neade
    R: Patrick Ryder, Travis Boak, Ollie Wines
    Interchange: Kane Cornes, Angus Monfries, Jarrad Redden, Jarman Impey
    Emergencies: Kane Mitchell, Paul Stewart, Aaron Young

In: Redden
    Out: Butcher (omitted)