Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 Port Adelaide v Swans

Senior Player
    I'm just watching the replay on fox footy and heard Cameron Ling describe how good Josh kennedy is at extracting the ball from the middle.

Do you think Cameron has been reading out rwo forums ?

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    We won a flag without either of them.......
    But we did have LRT.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I'm just watching the replay on fox footy and heard Cameron Ling describe how good Josh kennedy is at extracting the ball from the middle.

Do you think Cameron has been reading out rwo forums ?
    I heard that and cringed, no doubt like many on here.

Heaven help us if the midfielders become referred to as extraction units

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Seemed like there was quite a bit of "Unsociable footy" from the Swans. Maybe we learned something from the GF after all.
    Certainly not unsociable footy. That was "real" footy. How footy should be played. I hope we don't lose that statement that we put on the park last night.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie_X View Post
    Certainly not unsociable footy. That was "real" footy. How footy should be played. I hope we don't lose that statement that we put on the park last night.
    It was truly thing of beauty(too much? No!). Real footy with a touch of mongrel that we've all been crying out for since last years GF. Last nights effort restored my faith in the cause, which was wavering a tad, but as mentioned already, this win had a lot of the 2012 GF about it, and after the Dons effort today, I say bring on Round 8!! Go Swans!!

There was definitely a visible intent to impose our selves physically, not in a thuggish or illegal way, just making sure the opposition know there going to feel it if they get caught with the footy , and there gonna get a bit of attention of they hand out any treatment to one of ours. Fantastic stuff, hope they Mantain that. Great result, particularly when you travel over for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yes we could hear you! When the Syyyyyydneeeeey chant started it sounded like our home game ????.
    ABC Radio said it was "Richie, Richie" crowd chant for Richie Benaud as they put something on the screen?? Not there, just saying...

Great win regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie_X View Post
    That was exactly the sort of response I was looking for after the GF debacle.

The standard is now set! I don't care of we lose the odd game but as long as we display that level of intensity I'll be proud of them. And I liked the controlled aggression, liked the way we hunted in packs and the way we played as a team.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanstubbs View Post
    ABC Radio said it was "Richie, Richie" crowd chant for Richie Benaud as they put something on the screen?? Not there, just saying...

Great win regardless
    Ritchie was a great Swans fan. I only found that out yesterday!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    There was definitely a visible intent to impose our selves physically, not in a thuggish or illegal way, just making sure the opposition know there going to feel it if they get caught with the footy , and there gonna get a bit of attention of they hand out any treatment to one of ours. Fantastic stuff, hope they Mantain that. Great result, particularly when you travel over for it!
    Interesting what Hurley said during the past week re; Essendon's 'fadeout' against us. He said their loss was more due to the Swans brutal style of play that ground them down, not a lack of pre season match fitness. I was happy to read that appraisal, and it seems the boys are addressing some post GF issues......and I like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Interesting what Hurley said during the past week re; Essendon's 'fadeout' against us. He said their loss was more due to the Swans brutal style of play that ground them down, not a lack of pre season match fitness. I was happy to read that appraisal, and it seems the boys are addressing some post GF issues......and I like it!!
    And that win last week is starting to look a little bit better in light of the Bombers' performance today, not sure if they're quite top 4 but should be top 8

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    And that win last week is starting to look a little bit better in light of the Bombers' performance today, not sure if they're quite top 4 but should be top 8
    Exactly right. Essendon are very competitive and balanced, are going to win more matches than they lose, and should play finals, so we can view last weeks win as a very handy four points in the bigger scheme of things.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast