Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 4 V Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    On a lighter note, that's got to be the greatest misspelling of "dilemma" I've ever seen Matt. :-)
    I mean this with respect Matt80, while I don't always agree with what you write, it usually seems quite considered in its unique logic - however, I am frequently bemused by your spelling & punctuation.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Reid won't get dropped unless it's for another tall player...he's too important for our structures down back

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I mean this with respect Matt80, while I don't always agree with what you write, it usually seems quite considered in its unique logic - however, I am frequently bemused by your spelling & punctuation.
    I can't disagree. I will have to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I can't disagree. I will have to improve.
    you might have to wear the vest, I'l show myself out...............
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Another worry from the 1st 3 games is how useless Pyke has been around the ground. He's more than adequate as a tap ruckman, but after the ruck contest, he's become a real liability. He doesn't take the marks around the ground like he used to; his kicking and decision making are woeful.

We also haven't used Tippett all that much in the forward line. Buddy has really become the dominant primary target. So here's a suggestion certain not to be considered seriously: Why don't we drop Pyke and have Tippett and Reid split the ruck and 2nd tall forward duties? We can use the extra spot for another midfielder. I think we play better with a more open forward line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Another worry from the 1st 3 games is how useless Pyke has been around the ground. He's more than adequate as a tap ruckman, but after the ruck contest, he's become a real liability. He doesn't take the marks around the ground like he used to; his kicking and decision making are woeful.

We also haven't used Tippett all that much in the forward line. Buddy has really become the dominant primary target. So here's a suggestion certain not to be considered seriously: Why don't we drop Pyke and have Tippett and Reid split the ruck and 2nd tall forward duties? We can use the extra spot for another midfielder. I think we play better with a more open forward line.
    The problem there is that Tippett has to be primary ruck - as Reid has little experience there (bar the odd pinch hitting). Its putting a huge risk on a fragile body to have him always in there as primary ruckman.

Pyke isn't having the impact he once had, but until one of the younger rucks really kicks on - we are going to have to persevere.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side
    get off reids back, I think he played Ok against GWS

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Stats show Mumford 13 possies and 28 H/O, Pyke 10 Possies and 25 H/O, Tippett 8 possies and 12 H/O. Seeing Tippett is usually our starting ruckman maybe he's a bigger problem than Pyke.

Having said that I'd like to see Pyke throw his weight around a bit more.
    Last edited by aardvark; 19th April 2015 at 04:14 PM.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    The guy is just frustrating as he has always been 'nearly' there...
    He is suffering from "Saddingtonitis"

Quote Originally Posted by frankee View Post
    Sam Reid - 46 AF Points
    Ted Richards - 43 AF Points

Just saying...
    The difference was that Reid drifted up the ground for one inside50.
    How about:
    Sam Reid - efficiency 54%
    Richards - efficiency 67%
    Just saying :-)
    Oh, and BTW those criticising Grundy's kicking his efficiency was fourth best with 86%
    Heeney was on top with 100%!
    Lloydy 91% (24 disposals)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Stats show Mumford 13 possies and 28 H/O, Pyke 10 Possies and 25 H/O, Tippett 8 possies and 12 H/O. Seeing Tippett is usually our starting ruckman maybe he's a bigger problem than Pyke.
    Pyke spent far more time in the ruck than Tippett. I am more than happy with Pyke's ruck work. It's his contribution after the ruck contest. As an opposition player, I would love to see the ball in Pyke's hands. The real stat that matters is the number of times the camera switches up to the coaches box to see Horse going off his face after a Pyke disposal.

My feeling is that we are just waiting for Naismith to get more time under his belt for Pyke get's replaced. I think it's important that the ruckman needs to contribute around the grand. He has to take a mark and be able to kick the ball and hit a target.

Senior Player
    The defence was noticeably less organised without smith playing. Having said that Richards was his usual composed self and Grundy was less fumbly than usual. Rampe was a bit quiet but he was coming off a big game last week.

Smith definitely comes in if he's fit.

Who goes out is a little difficult. I don't think any of the young guys should be sub twice in a row as they need the match development. Towers needs either a full game in seniors or reserves. Cunningham was much improved and distributed well off half back and has played well against freo before so I would keep both Cunningham and towers in the starting 21. As long as Heeney is ok after tackling the post I would start him too because he is building so well with buddy.

I think I would actually give the subs vest to mcglynn this week. He is just making his way back into the team off his injury. By being sub he is managed a little. If Heeney starts but doesn't run the game out mcglynn is a like for like sub. Additionally mcglynn can come in place of a tall if needed if we find we need something extra at ground level.

Just my thoughts.
    IN Smith
    OUT Towers
    SUB Mcglynn

I think goodes and laidler are fighting for 1 spot in the team. Not half back flanker or anything like that, but "slowest player". We get exposed for pace if both are playing.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast