Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: From the Outer - Swans website

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    What a nice piece. Great imagery of a great day. May there be many more.

Warming the Bench
    Thanks Stevo. Many glorious SCG moments ahead for us all!

As A Sydney convert to the game, the family involvement has been one of the great joys of AFL and the Swans. I started taking my 2 boys when they were quite young, and they now share the passion.

We have 'road trips' each year as a family (yet to lose a game we have gone to!) as well as our trips to the SCG.

Loved the article.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    As A Sydney convert to the game, the family involvement has been one of the great joys of AFL and the Swans. I started taking my 2 boys when they were quite young, and they now share the passion.

We have 'road trips' each year as a family (yet to lose a game we have gone to!) as well as our trips to the SCG.

Loved the article.
    Thanks mate. The family involvement has been a huge part of my love for the Swans.

You'll get no greater environment for a family sporting event than a Swannies game at the SCG. Can't beat it.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Superb piece of writing Joe. It could easily be a script for the short doco style narrated pieces the TV networks put together each year.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Cracking piece Joe , loved it .
    The only thing I would expand a bit on is the special exuberance for everyone but especially the kids that kick to kick on the hallowed ground brings.
    To be running amok on the very turf , (looking up to the stands not down from ) upon which young Heeney has just deftly and almost invisibly fended off a giant, given an almost imperceptible hand pass to Buddy who bends it like Beckham through the big ones is a fantastic blast .
    Balls flying in every direction , someone's eye is on it , some not, and they might cop a falcon , then laugh their heads off . Huge blokes tackling little kids , girls kicking in high heels , 20 mins of footy mayhem .... Maybe there's another 6 year old Buddy out there somewhere that will bring us back in years to come .

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post

Loved the article.
    MM can you please jump in the car and drive to Perth this weekend then
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Cracking piece Joe , loved it .
    The only thing I would expand a bit on is the special exuberance for everyone but especially the kids that kick to kick on the hallowed ground brings.
    To be running amok on the very turf , (looking up to the stands not down from ) upon which young Heeney has just deftly and almost invisibly fended off a giant, given an almost imperceptible hand pass to Buddy who bends it like Beckham through the big ones is a fantastic blast .
    Balls flying in every direction , someone's eye is on it , some not, and they might cop a falcon , then laugh their heads off . Huge blokes tackling little kids , girls kicking in high heels , 20 mins of footy mayhem .... Maybe there's another 6 year old Buddy out there somewhere that will bring us back in years to come .
    You're exactly right. May well be another piece in that alone! It's a beautiful chaos.

Another slice of life from the stands, and it was great! Well done Joe.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Warming the Bench
    Thanks Primmy, Danzar, Gerald. Very happy that it's brought some enjoyment to Swans souls.

Quote Originally Posted by joemoore12 View Post
    Thanks mate. The family involvement has been a huge part of my love for the Swans.

You'll get no greater environment for a family sporting event than a Swannies game at the SCG. Can't beat it.
    Hard to argue with that Joe..... the Swans at the SCG has a very different atmosphere to most other grounds in Australia (Not saying other grounds are bad - I love getting to away games as well). It just feels right and a great family atmosphere.

I am gradually getting my better half educated about the game, and she loves going to the SCG for games. I throughly enjoy seeing all the families that go to games, and the parents with their little 'troupes' of kids, all decked in red and white, all getting the proper footballing education they need. Maybe its just more noticeable at the SCG than other grounds, I'm not sure - but I look forward to doing the same with kids of my own some time in the future.

Awesome article by the way as well
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast