Page 6 of 129 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade target discussion (merged thread)

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Bombers in disarray, with almost all players looking to get out and maybe get out of melbourne.

This opens up some significant poaching opportunities for us. Jake carlile in our backline anyone?
    I always though Tayte Pears was going to be a very good defender, has it only been injuries that held him back?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I always though Tayte Pears was going to be a very good defender, has it only been injuries that held him back?
    We'd be better off signing him than Carlisle, given he's an unrestricted FA at the end of the season and will be very cheap.

He's strung a couple of months together in the VFL now, playing predominantly as a forward though. He's kicked a few goals but his stats haven't been anything to write home about.

Still could be worth picking him up, even if it's only as depth...we all know how Laidler worked out. We probably need someone a bit taller than 191cm though.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    ...We probably need someone a bit taller than 191cm though.
    Even though Ted and Reg are only 192cm? I think his height would be okay just needs to strong and footy smart
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Even though Ted and Reg are only 192cm? I think his height would be okay just needs to strong and footy smart
    Yeh but I think ideally we'd want longer term replacements to be a bit taller...especially given the new breed of full forwards all pushing 197cm+
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

On the Rookie List
    I wonder if Joe Daniher is regretting his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffler View Post
    I wonder if Joe Daniher is regretting his decision.
    Rumour has it we wouldn't have gone for Buddy is Joe had chosen us as his F/S destination. As much as I love Buddy and the way he has played I would take Joe (plus Mummy and others because we wouldn't have been slapped with the trade ban if we hadn't recruited Buddy) over Buddy. It's not a criticism of Buddy in any way and it's a totally hypothetial question of course....

Commercially though Budy has been immense

I'd say he if he had his time again he'd definitely be in red and white

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Rumour has it we wouldn't have gone for Buddy is Joe had chosen us as his F/S destination. As much as I love Buddy and the way he has played I would take Joe (plus Mummy and others because we wouldn't have been slapped with the trade ban if we hadn't recruited Buddy) over Buddy. It's not a criticism of Buddy in any way and it's a totally hypothetial question of course....

Commercially though Budy has been immense

I'd say he if he had his time again he'd definitely be in red and white
    I wasn't aware that Joe could have nominated us as a FS club. And you're right, without Buddy, our list would look really different.

He has made a significant impact on the club. His presence in the forward line is great; he can be an excitement machine; he has won games off his boot; memberships and media attention have risen; we got hit with trade bans shortly after signing him; that's a lot of dough / time on a contract for one player; he draws the best defender each week et al. I certainly love having Buds in the team. I suspect the boys love playing with him.

If we can nab Mills & Dunks at this draft & continue to produce quality players in the seconds who are challenging for spots in the firsts & let our recruiters do their thing after they are free to play again, then we should be alright.

Harley bennell

What do we think about picking up Harley if hes let go by Suns , needs a firm hand . Really think with Jetta /Goodes under his wing could knuckle down ?

We can only trade for players that will earn $340,000 per year or less which makes him unavailable to us.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by tasmania60 View Post
    What do we think about picking up Harley if hes let go by Suns , needs a firm hand . Really think with Jetta /Goodes under his wing could knuckle down ?
    Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Also, highly likely both Goodes and Jetta won't be here next year (and before the usual suspects starting railing at me for that comment it's just my gut feeling that if Jetta was going to stay he would have re-signed by now)

Someone will give him a second chance but he isn't a kid anymore and from all reports his partying is very very hard core. I wouldn't be surprised if he will command super coin to be honest - maybe a club like Hawthorn with a really strong culture and a real bad ass as a coach (Claaaaarko) could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    ... and from all reports his partying is very very hard core.....
    Links? Not being a smartarse, just curious whether it was a one off or ....

Links? Not being a smartarse, just curious whether it was a one off or ....
    For starters he was banned for drinking infringements as well, not sure if it's just journos parrotting the same line but one like this:

from the Courtier mail "If the arrogant, rock star ways continue, he is history. If he embraces change, he has a chance to stay." No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Or the fact he wanted to fight Robbo at the Brownlow last year and was described a loose by Campbell Brown (pot calling kettle black) No Cookies | Herald Sun

Or this one

No Cookies | Herald Sun

I can't find the article that I was looking for that I read but I'm sure you can google as well as I can

Page 6 of 129 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast