Page 106 of 129 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,272 of 1538

Thread: Trade target discussion (merged thread)

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Naismith is to be elevated according the Tom Harley.
    One would assume so given he has just signed a three year deal

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    hhmmm

my guess is that we will keep most of our guys except Pyke, Jetts, Goodes, Shaw and simply bring on board Mills and Dunkley

So 4 out and 4 in

Sinclair
    Mills
    Dunkley
    Talia ?

I think there is strong upside on most of the guys on our list
    Sam also needs to come in. Am I right in saying we actually have a couple of spots spare on our list anyway as we operate two less than the maximum senior list? (38 v 40 that some others use).

I think we'd probably need to trade out someone if we bring a Talia type in. I don't desperately want him out but I just feel Bird is too good a player and on too much money to be playing in the twos and I can't see how he will get the opportunities with Mills and Dunks coming in and the improvement in Jones, Hewett etc.

I think Brisbane could be a good destination for him actually because they are three solid years away from mounting a decent semi final campaign and I think Bird would be a good mentor and role model up there.. They desperately need to get about 10 extra academy kids in their senior squad in the next three years because the go home factor is simply killing that club.
    Last edited by Mug Punter; 18th October 2015 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Am I right in saying we actually have a couple of spots spare on our list anyway as we operate two less than the maximum senior list? (38 v 40 that some others use).
    We dropped down to a 38-player senior list a few years back as part of a package of measures to manage our salary cap as we recruited firstly Tippett, then Franklin. I would be surprised if we have salary cap space to take the seniors number up again for the coming season.

Just wild about Harry
    Stevie J to GWS has been announced

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Stevie J to GWS has been announced
    Relieved we didn't get him.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

I can never work out why clubs recruit blokes who are finished. We used to do it all the time (Allison, Russell, Dermie, Tingay, Daffy etc). It just doesn't work.

1 season and then he becomes an assistant. What's the point? Incredible to think that only 12 months ago GWS offered a top 10 pick for him.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I can never work out why clubs recruit blokes who are finished. We used to do it all the time (Allison, Russell, Dermie, Tingay, Daffy etc). It just doesn't work.

1 season and then he becomes an assistant. What's the point? Incredible to think that only 12 months ago GWS offered a top 10 pick for him.
    Stewie Dew was OK for Hawthorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Stewie Dew was OK for Hawthorn.
    I think he was about 27 but I take your point.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post

Schwatta was 30 when he joined us & gave us 4 solid years, including a B&F & All Australian season.
    Spider was 33 & gave a couple of serviceable seasons.
    But overall I agree

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Z.Smith to Geelong for picks 49 and 53...that's an absolute steal! He has bucketloads of potential.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

SJ is going to be a player coach. May do more coaching than playing. Probably the Giants were looking to add him to their coaching staff more than getting him as a player.

I hope Rhyce Shaw stays fit and is a player coach for our reserves side.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Z.Smith to Geelong for picks 49 and 53...that's an absolute steal! He has bucketloads of potential.
    Agreed, I'm happy with Sinclair and in the end it was probably the only way we'd have got the deal done but I'd have been equally happy with Zak Smith.

Geelong have had a very productove trade period

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    SJ is going to be a player coach. May do more coaching than playing. Probably the Giants were looking to add him to their coaching staff more than getting him as a player.

I hope Rhyce Shaw stays fit and is a player coach for our reserves side.
    Agree re Rhyce, we need some added depth to our ressies team