Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 V Demons

Changes for Round 6 V Demons

Time to shuffle the deck chairs....

OUT : Towers, Goodes, Cunningham

IN : McGlynn, Reid, Heeney

I'd like to see Jones get a chance, when he's fit.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Can someone who watched the full Reserves match give a view on McGlynn? I was there for the first half and he hadn't done much till then (but neither had anyone else). And the match must have changed dramatically in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Time to shuffle the deck chairs....

OUT : Towers, Goodes, Cunningham

IN : McGlynn, Reid, Heeney

I'd like to see Jones get a chance, when he's fit.
    Hard to argue with that - Goodes is too slow, towers is frankly not good enough with no defined roles, and despite his last quarter goal, cunningham is struggling.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Yeh those seem like the obvious changes providing that Heeney's ankle is okay.

Let's hope like anything that it's dry next Saturday night at the 'G

Clone Mitchell and Hanners

Out: Jetta , Shaw, Towers/Cunningham
    In: McGlynn, Heeney/Jack, Reid

I don't think there are many games left for Goodes but I truly believe he selection in for this game was a mistake. The conditions and opposition were all wrong for him to make a return. Melbourne at the MCG provide a completely different set of circumstances, moreover he knows he's playing for his future.
    Jetta needs to get some confidence back into his game. He is not winning his own ball. The only possessions he's winning are in open play. He is kicking poorly to position. He looked uncomfortable when played down back. The conditions didn't suit him but the MCG must hold bitter memories.
    Shaw just looked gone. His kicking is problematic and while his leadership may get him a game I don't believe that he should be playing at the expense of some others coming through.
    Towers and Cunningham need patience. I watched Towers live in Adelaide on a big and slippery track and he deserves his chance. He's improving but he'll have poor games , we're not Richmond, we'll get the best out of him by playing him in spite of the odd poor performance. Likewise Cunningham, he was a solid player last season and although struggling for form at the moment, he will be valuable long term.
    I didn't stay for the reserves game but I could be persuaded if there was a case for B. Jack to come in but otherwise I believe Reid fit comes in for one of the above.

I'd to see us blood a young kp defender apart from Reid, don't know who, anyone with potential who wants to have a crack will do. Also Jones for Shaw. Heeney for Goodes. McGlynn for Towers.

It's also time for McVeigh to pull his finger out or resign.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Not really a selection change, but I would like to see Macca play down back a lot more to allow Jetta to move up on to the wing and join Rohan.
    These two moving quickly up the field should give our forwards a chance to get the ball before being double/triple teamed.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Not really a selection change, but I would like to see Macca play down back a lot more to allow Jetta to move up on to the wing and join Rohan.
    These two moving quickly up the field should give our forwards a chance to get the ball before being double/triple teamed.
    +1 to this. Jetta is never going to be a defender in my book.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I'd like to see that too.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    +1 to this. Jetta is never going to be a defender in my book.
    Very true, Rohan a better choice as a flanker, but play them both as old fashioned wing men, except in hte wet, Jetta is not good in the wet
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Senior Player
    I think the defence were basically the cause for our loss. Without the poor decisions and execution we would have conceded at least 4 goals less and probably scored more on transition.

Next week I think shaw should be omitted for punishment as anything else. Rampe maybe as well. It's time to try something different in defence Before it's too late.

Also towers was useless. Cunningham while down on confidence showed much more last year and has much more upside

Out: Shaw towers rampe
    In: Jones heeney marsh

Marsh has been reported as doing wel in defence in the neafl and has been showing composure so I would see how he goes in place of ramps and jones in for shaw

Heeney for towers is a no brainier

- - - Updated - - -

And McVeigh plays mostly in defence too to command the troops

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast