Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 7 V Cats

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    If you relied on the reserves' best and fairest count the next one in would be Harry Marsh, but I don't think we're going to see that happen.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Bird in for Heeney and will play as sub, unless missing footy this weekend as travelling emergency and then being sub next weekend is not considered sufficient match practice by the coaching committee. It doesn't have to be like for like as Goodes will start and take Heeney's role.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Where and when do the Reserves play next week?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Where and when do the Reserves play next week?
    Saturday May 16 against Southport, ANZ Stadium at 3.40 pm.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Out heeney
    in towers

No one will be dropped

I'lll not be taken in by Towers again. He's capable of great things and just as capable of doing absolutely nothing. Had such hopes for him but I fear his opportunities are running out. If it's not Cunningham, Bird or BJ in for Heeney then I suspect Hiscox will debut.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swanwolf View Post
    I'lll not be taken in by Towers again. He's capable of great things and just as capable of doing absolutely nothing. Had such hopes for him but I fear his opportunities are running out. If it's not Cunningham, Bird or BJ in for Heeney then I suspect Hiscox will debut.
    Towers is not up to the standard required. Reserves report says he was not that prominent. Ditto Cunningham. Time to blood someone else.

Blog Entries
    I reckon buddy strained a groin or something in that last qtr.
    He was on a lead into the pocket 15m clear, and Rampe(?) missed him by a mile, putting the ball behind him he tried to stop and turn, but slipped, didn't look to comfortable after that. Passing a set shot to Ted on a worse angle was also a give away.
    Spent the last 10mins or so of the game on the bench.

Warming the Bench
    Tom Harley spoke before the game on Saturday and said that Cunningham from all reports had played well and that Harry Marsh is close to a senior game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Outs. Heeney and Shaw
    Ins. Bird and Jones.
    Agreed. Shaw has to go.
    C'mon Chels!

Cunningham for Heeney seems the obvious choice to me.

I would've moved Shaw and Goodes on at the end of last year but we're stuck with them now.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I reckon buddy strained a groin or something in that last qtr.
    He was on a lead into the pocket 15m clear, and Rampe(?) missed him by a mile, putting the ball behind him he tried to stop and turn, but slipped, didn't look to comfortable after that. Passing a set shot to Ted on a worse angle was also a give away.
    Spent the last 10mins or so of the game on the bench.
    If he did indeed strain a groin or something like that and he sits out the geelog game then I suspect Naismith will get his second game.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast