Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 8 V Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    Oh , yeah - BT loves the Hawks , doesn't he ? Hard to think that when he began commentating , I quite liked him. But now ? He is an arsehole.
    I would not even give a saucer of milk to that pet sitting on his head.
    I never liked BT.
    I used to think Dermie was fresh and insightful though. Not any more.
    I like Richo, Carey is great. Sany Roberts is reasonably impartial, same with Bruce.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    BT, tired, boring, lazy, repetitive, lazy and dumb.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

I wasn't aware premierships came with asterisks.

2012 Sydney Swans*

*Hawks didn't kick straight

2014 Hawthorn*

*Swans were completely @@@@.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

A lot of people are pretty wound up about BT, I think he's a scream . He throws the commentary out the window and says whatever comes into his head which is of course biast one way or the other .
    I really don't care what he comes up with , it just adds to the amazing theatre of AFL.
    Turn the sound off and have a shot at calling the game to your cat.
    See how you go. You have to know the names and appearance of some 500 players plus at a fair distance and often in chaos ball situations . It's not that easy.
    They are seriously the most amazing callers in world sport because they get the names right most of the time at speed . Whateley is pretty good .
    Interviewing players a second or two after a half of footy doesn't work . Do any of them want to be interviewed then . Nup.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Absolutely sick to death of the love fest for Cyril in the Melbourne media...he had an influence but was definitely not best on ground as per the Herald Sun's 3-2-1 in today's paper.

Also in Robbo's 'Likes and dislikes' he gives a dislike to the boo-ing of Goodes which is great but then follows up with 'it's not racism, it's because he plays for free kicks'. One of the more laughable comments you're ever likely to come across.

Thirdly, Robbo's 'Tackle' section focuses on Fremantle being unbeatable and states that the only teams that have been able to challenge them so far this year are Melbourne and Port...it's as if he is taking the piss out of us!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    A lot of people are pretty wound up about BT, I think he's a scream . He throws the commentary out the window and says whatever comes into his head which is of course biast one way or the other .
    I really don't care what he comes up with , it just adds to the amazing theatre of AFL.
    Turn the sound off and have a shot at calling the game to your cat.
    See how you go. You have to know the names and appearance of some 500 players plus at a fair distance and often in chaos ball situations . It's not that easy.
    They are seriously the most amazing callers in world sport because they get the names right most of the time at speed . Whateley is pretty good .
    Interviewing players a second or two after a half of footy doesn't work . Do any of them want to be interviewed then . Nup.
    My dream commentary team;
    Bob Skilton, Troy Luff, Brad Seymor with special comments from Jude Bolton & BBB Hall as the boundary rider

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    My dream commentary team;
    Bob Skilton, Troy Luff, Brad Seymor with special comments from Jude Bolton & BBB Hall as the boundary rider
    MMM in Sydney are sooooooooooo close.

Not a bad win.
    Not a good win.
    But not a bad win.

Let's just hand over the handy first quarter lead shall we?

I'm almost scared that Carlton will beat us on Friday night.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Absolutely sick to death of the love fest for Cyril in the Melbourne media...he had an influence but was definitely not best on ground as per the Herald Sun's 3-2-1 in today's paper.

Also in Robbo's 'Likes and dislikes' he gives a dislike to the boo-ing of Goodes which is great but then follows up with 'it's not racism, it's because he plays for free kicks'. One of the more laughable comments you're ever likely to come across.

Thirdly, Robbo's 'Tackle' section focuses on Fremantle being unbeatable and states that the only teams that have been able to challenge them so far this year are Melbourne and Port...it's as if he is taking the piss out of us!
    Seriously, the love in about Cyril has bordered on absurd. Yes he had a great game, but he bottled it when it counted - and was his influence as amazing as everyone thinks it was? He took a couple of great grabs, kicked a couple of goals, and by his standards got a lot of possessions. But was it just me with my red and white glasses on that thinks for someone of his prestigious talent, he should be doing that week in and week out, and we shouldn't be have a love fest everytime he does it?

Hanners and Sam Mitchell were the two best on the park by a fair distance in my book.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    BT, tired, boring, lazy, repetitive, lazy and dumb.
    And those are his good traits!

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Seriously, the love in about Cyril has bordered on absurd. Yes he had a great game, but he bottled it when it counted - and was his influence as amazing as everyone thinks it was? He took a couple of great grabs, kicked a couple of goals, and by his standards got a lot of possessions. But was it just me with my red and white glasses on that thinks for someone of his prestigious talent, he should be doing that week in and week out, and we shouldn't be have a love fest everytime he does it?

Hanners and Sam Mitchell were the two best on the park by a fair distance in my book.
    would agree with this - great games by both pity the Hawk one will be cooling his heals for a couple of weks

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post

Lucky for Cyril that some idiot thought that Patrick Veszpremi was going to be a better player, or he could have ended up playing for the Swans and not be talked about at all.

Robbo is great for leaking any tale or story lineyou like. He'll believe anything. Put's teeth into Orwell's 'Ignorance is Strength'.

Only 4 points but that game really meant a lot to us Swans supporters. You could tell by the reaction as the siren went.

Nothing gets a GF loss back but we got bullied on GF day. The response was important.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton