Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 9 V Carlton.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Yep...We won a flag based on having a spread of goal kickers each game. Getting that back and having guys like Franklin and Tippett chime make us a scary proposition.
    That's the most promising thing of the last three weeks. And I don't think its coincidental that its starting to happen since Tom Mitchell has come back into the team. Some of our midfielders are more than useful up forward, and its nice to see them getting more rotation through there, especially for Man Child Parker, who could easily make a forward anyway - it just has the small problem that he is an even better midfielder.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    ...I wouldn't make too many changes but any players carrying a niggle should be given a rest -...
    Agreed. With the evenness of the ladder we need a percentage booster. Freo and the Weagles are sitting in the high 150's. The Weagles especially love to kick a team when they are down, something we haven't done for a while (granted the Weagles have a softer draw due to their poor performance last year).
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I think making a number of changes and playing some kids will help rather than hinder our performance on Friday. I fear the same group will be both mentally and physically exhausted after Saturday, which is natural. A few enthusiastic youngsters should add some life into a side that might come out a bit complacent (understandably) considering the opponent.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    It's also indigenous round so I'd assume Buddy would be pretty keen to play..doubt he'll be rested.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

I agree with Ludwig and others, who think this could be a good time to rest a few sore players.

Buddy and Lloyd both looked to be labouring a bit, possibly Rohan as well.

So for mine :

OUT : Franklin (general soreness), Lloyd (ankle)

IN : Bird, Jones....

If Rohan is hurt, then Marsh or Rose.

Tippett, as I've said in his thread, is good most weeks and makes valuable contributions....But not $700k contributions...

I'm still waiting for a breakout game.....As others have said, next contract needs to be more realistic, around the $400k py mark.

Unfortunately, one of the more desperate clubs will ensure he gets much more.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Blog Entries
    Hopefully the players will remember that McGlynn and Jack are not 7 foot tall.

Just looked at the Goodes post-match interview in the changerooms. Rohan had an icepack on his left hamstring and looked pretty tender�more than cramp I think. Sam Reid had one on his left quad�was that the old injury?�and looked decidedly surly. McGlynn had ice packs on right quad and knee, and looked grumpy�might just be coming down from the incandescent anger he played with all night. Buddy didn't seem to be favouring an ankle, and was getting nice cuddles from Hannebery. Tom Mitchell was getting ice strapped onto his right hammy, too. Hope they all got down to a nice cold recovery yesterday.

McVeigh's charge was thrown out by the MRP, so he's good to go.
    The only change I would make is Shaw out for Jones. Maybe give Robinson a run as sub, Cunningham to make way

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    All players ice at least 1 or 2 areas of the body after every single game...don't read too far into that.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Could be a few changes this week.

How about? Outs. Goodes (rest), Rohan (injured), McVeigh (suspended), and Shaw (omitted).

Ins might be Jones, probably Towers although i'm not a fan, Naismith and Robinson.
    Goodes seriously?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Goodes seriously?
    Agree, Goodes will stay in to continue his progressive week by week improvement, and Carlton will be the perfect opposition for him to tune up some more. If there are some who are a bit sore and could benefit from a rest, I'm cool with that too, it would be good to give a couple of the young guys a run, ie; Hewitt, Robinson, and as for Jones, just drop Shaw FFS!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast