Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 10: Eastlake Demons v Sydney Swans Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Um McLaren is 200cm, long hair and lanky. Newman is 186cm, short hair and thick set.
    haha wolftone the tackle was about 150m away at the opposite side of the ground to where we were in the shade as well - at that distance they all look the same to me
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Mclaren has cut his hair. Makes him look like LRT at certain angles

What positions were Newman and Jones playing in?

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure opposition scouts look far deeper than a 'bests' list.
    I think it would be more to do with Marsh having a very specific role in any given week and achieving the goal, hence the coaches putting him in the best.
    We should all know by now just how little the Swans coaching staff care for disposal numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    What positions were Newman and Jones playing in?
    Newman played on pretty much the expected half-back role, but given our dominance, especially later int he game, he spent some more time closer than you would expect to midfield.

Jones primarily played in the middle.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Does anyone have any insight on Newman's one-on-one ability? He's obviously a great user of the footy but can he lock down on an opponent or could he be exposed?
    We've got a good history of left-footed rookie defenders in Smith and Rampe...as well as Laidler being a DFA.

Um...McLaren 198, 98Kg. Long, yes, but not his hair anymore since the first few games. I like "Bam Bam" for Parker.

Just a few pics I took yesterday - pretty ordinary quality as they were taken on my phone.

20150613_121951.jpg
    Early ruck contest.

20150613_122304.jpg
    Bird struggles to fly the coup from a ball up.

20150613_134711.jpg
    A congested marking contest.

20150613_134754.jpg
    Cubis takes a shot following a mark on the lead.

20150613_141822.jpg

Really strong contested grab from Abe Davis towards the end of the game.

Pushing for Selection
    X Richards was promoted off the rookie list last year and given a 2 year contract.

With the aging tall backs - I think the coverage is required.

Why is NEAFL video footage only available for some games? Surely there is video footage of the other games because sometimes we see snippets of it on the Swans website. Besides don't the coaches need it for reviewing the games and deciding whether someone is worthy of bumping up to seniors? Why isn't it published?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    If the game is televised by the NEAFL then it will be on their YouTube channel. They usually show 2-3 games per round

Otherwise it's the Swans who take the footage and as you can imagine wouldn't want opposition scouts and analysts getting their hands on the full game vision.

Thanks for that, Ugg. While I get the logic, I didn't realise the marginal strategic benefits of suppressing the footage of some reserves games would outweigh the marginal promotional benefits of making them available. A bit disappointing from the fans perspective given that opposition always have the option of sending a scout (albeit a costly option). At least we have you as our 'scout'. :-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast