Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 13: Sydney v Richmond

Deep breath ... positives:

Only lost by a few goals to our seemingly bogie side despite ...

nothing from our two big forwards after half time

Tom Mitchell only 10 disposals

Derickx wasn't Pyke

back 6 didn't show a lot of cohesion in the 2nd half

umpiring was ... i don't even have an adjective for how bad it was
    Last edited by goswannies; 26th June 2015 at 11:34 PM.

It was VERY clear that Lance was affected by the report....With a couple more ridiculously one sided umpiring decisions and the spirit was gone...first from Franklin and it VISIBLY spread.....Not saying that that is a nreal excuse...but human nature is what it is...I mentally predicted the overall result as soon as the Tippet report was added to the mix....n

Veterans List
    I hate losing on a Friday night. It's going to be a long weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Deep breath ... positives
    What were they?

Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    It was VERY clear that Lance was affected by the report....With a couple more ridiculously one sided umpiring decisions and the spirit was gone...first from Franklin and it VISIBLY spread.....Not saying that that is a nreal excuse...but human nature is what it is...I mentally predicted the overall result as soon as the Tippet report was added to the mix....n
    Franklin was very sheepish in the 2nd half, but we just kept bombing to him 2 on 1, it wasn't until the last 5 mins that they moved Tippet back and he marked.
    How long do you persevere with something that clearly isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    Horse reacted way too slowly to the Buddy situation, his head was not in the game. We were beginning to dominate for 10-15 minutes there, but Rance killed nearly every single surge. If Tippet and Rohan were 1on1 down there could have been a whole different story

The big positive is that Richmond supporters will be talking about winning the flag, and their dissapointment and misery will be oh so funny at the end of the year!

Shaw has to go!!!!!!!!!!!! How soft is Goodes got pushed off the ball very very easily and how far can he kick?
    Tigers deserved the win. Overall pathetic second half. Nick Smith great player but what a shocking kick. Absolutly deflated the team.

The AFL is going to implode if these umpiring catastrophes continue. I would also like to see the numbers on free kicks against us in first quarters this season, now that would be interesting.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Shaw should've been moved on at the end of last year. Long time fan but we need to move on from him and quickly. Liability.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We lost our composure and our original game plan which was working well. Football being played in the head as much as on the ground at this level means we allowed Richmond to play their standard rebound down the boundary and Riewoldt finished it off. I agree that the Buddy report was a turning point but it was nastily reinforced by Smithy's woeful OOB, Zak's forgetting a most basic reality, and our defenders stopping the ball in the goal square instead of thumping it through - appalling efforts at critical moments.

The umpiring was very ordinary but not the reason why we lost. Wayward kicks, kicks to no-one in particular, failure to mark the man all contributed. And overall Richmond played better than we did for more of the time.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Lost composure after that Smith kick. A rare opportunity for the Swans to get the better of farcical umpiring antics. Not sure why Mitchell was subbed off and Shaw left on. He has become a blunder machine. Reiwoldt was good against Ted.