Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Stand by Goodes

Quote Originally Posted by PerthSwannie View Post
    Oh for gods sake people....... Am I the only one here who is thinking,, Riiiiiiight, here we have a mature, athletic, rich, sportsman, who is now sooking because opposition fans are booing him? Give me a break... Did Barry Hall give a @@@@? Mickey O ? No.
    Adam has been one of my all time favorite Swannies apart from Mickey and Baz and Nicky Davis, but Goodsey has strayed into the political arena that I dont think he should have gone.

My humble advise to Adam............ Apologies to that little girl from Collingwood. All will be forgiven mate..............
    Respect your right to voice your opinion, but can't see how fighting back against racism has anything to do with politics (unless, perhaps, you're suggesting our government has racist policies ;-)).

The T-shirts were an inspired and brilliant initiate.

A gentlemen who sits a couple of seats away from me organised a whole heap of those large Thank You cards and distributed them among the crowd. When they made there way back he'd accumulated upward of 2000 thank you messages which will make there way to Goodsey.

Love this club and love our supporters.

Better stop posting before the damn pollen starts making my eyes water again.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

What an amazing day it was, and so incredible that Lewis Jetta kicked the opening goal. It was also wonderful to see players from other teams in other matches doing their own celebrations or demonstration, as that's where the statements will really hit home. The energy, the unity and the power of commitment to the cause and to Goodesy from everyone there, Crows fans included, was so incredible. The video countdown before the game and the minute's applause in the 3rd quarter were phenomenal. It's days like yesterday where it's such a privilege to be part of the Swans family. 38,690 people there yesterday, and many more watching who couldn't be there, have all bought into this and I'm so proud.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

So proud of how our supporters stood up and showed their appreciation in so many ways for the champion that Goodesy is, both on and off the field.

Really helped put some faith back into the AFL footy world for me yesterday - I have been really down this week seeing what has been sprouting out of the mouths of a vocal minority. But to see so many yesterday, stand up and support our champion, not just from within our club, was fantastic.

Yesterday reminded me also, win lose or draw, just how much I love our club and those passionate faithful that follow it. The one minute countdown with the footage of Goodesy's career was absolutely superb - the feeling during that is right up there with the great moments I've been lucky to witness from this club - really gave me Goosebumps. And the minutes applause in the 3rd quarter topped it off.

Well done the crows fans as well - superb from them as well
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Here you go!
    Thank you, great pic. To see the joy on Micks face, after such a challenging week for him and his mate Goodesy is just really heartwarming stuff! Feel the love Adam and Mickey, and all the other indigenous players in the league. We, the Swans are fully inclusive, and it makes me happy and proud to support them. When you pick a club to support as a kid, you don't really know why, 'Dad barracked for them', 'they were strong at the time' etc, but you don't have a crystal ball. I am so glad my Dad barracked for them, and I followed his passion. A truly wonderful club....so proud. PS; How good did those T-shirts look. Never has something so simple sent such a strong message. Great stuff KTigers and all who assisted.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 2nd August 2015 at 02:01 PM.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Oh for gods sake people....... Am I the only one here who is thinking,, Riiiiiiight, here we have a mature, athletic, rich, sportsman, who is now sooking because opposition fans are booing him? Give me a break... Did Barry Hall give a @@@@? Mickey O ? No...............
    Having a sook? He has been out and out bullied. No one should have to put up with prejudiced booing. It would drive many to breaking point well before a strong man like Adam.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    So proud of how our supporters stood up and showed their appreciation in so many ways for the champion that Goodesy is, both on and off the field.
    I am sure many have seen clips like this Fans stand by Adam but do you think the clip was edited on purpose to be thirty seven seconds long?

Those of you who like Wil Anderson should take a listen to his latest TOFOP (FOFOP) podcast with Dave Anthony. Their first topic is about Goodesy and it is great to hear a point of few from a supporter of a different team.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Robert Murphy wearing 37 jumper tossing the coin as mark of respect for Goodesy! The clubs and players have been fantastic in showing support this week!

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    My humble advise to Adam............ Apologies to that little girl from Collingwood. All will be forgiven mate..............
    How would you word the apology, PerthSwannie? I'm interested to see what you think it would look like.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Robert Murphy wearing 37 jumper tossing the coin as mark of respect for Goodesy! The clubs and players have been fantastic in showing support this week!
    All round, from Bob, to the dancing by Garlett and Walters post goal, to Nathan Jones tapping the armband, to the one and only Nicky Winmar making an appearance at the toss at the Saints-Port match . . . Outstanding.

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

perth swannie

i sat in the pub at Bright Victoria when I went to the snow recently

Port were playing the Bloods

Two Port supporters were sitting next to me ............. when Goodes went for the ball I heard them say I hate that "Black *%$#"

I couldn't believe it

When Goodes scored I jumped out of my seat and screamed "Australian of the Year" !!!!

They couldn't believe it

sad but true
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    It was actually pretty funny watching KJ run up to embrace Jetta, who then started doing his dance, and Kieren had to stop and just stand behind him as he obviously didn't want to interrupt Jettas celebration.