Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 256

Thread: Stand by Goodes

  1. #25
    Goodes.jpg

    Lyrics by Neil Murray

  2. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    That hurts the Swans much more than anyone else.
    Stand by Goodes, or ignore it ?

    Most people who attend are members. Swans already have the money.

  3. #27
    Goes up to 11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Stand by Goodes, or ignore it ?

    Most people who attend are members. Swans already have the money.
    Were you planning on going anyway? I note this match is at the SCG....

    I'll be there - could potentially be a momentous day in Australian sport (positive or negative).

  4. #28
    Soooo, on Saturday, where would be a good place to start a peaceful march to the SCG from? Central Station?

  5. #29
    On the Rookie List tasmania60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    i a house
    Posts
    276
    My sympathy is with Goodesy but my heart is aching for his mum. shes has giving so much, and sits there as a proud mum on match day. To be embarrassed by fools with no empathy ! It really drags the aussie / humour / legend / people in general ! 10 years time will the story line on the swans fans ,people react ?

  6. #30
    Goes up to 11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,243
    The Club's just confirmed he's out of Saturday's match. So sad. I was looking forward to cheering him on and showing our support.

    I was also hoping Crows fans would've shown respect too but now we'll never know.

  7. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    Soooo, on Saturday, where would be a good place to start a peaceful march to the SCG from? Central Station?
    That's a cracking idea. We may even be able to give that useless bridge over Anzac Parade a workout!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

  8. #32
    Don't all rush in to help at once. I don't know what's more shocking. The blatant and ongoing campaign of racism and bullying against an Aboriginal Australian. Or the almost absolute inability amongst those of us who do comprehend the gravity of the situation to organise and defend one of our own. Maybe I should join everyone else in mourning the potential end to Adam's career, as if that was all that was at stake here. Maybe I should wait for a 'leader' to step in and do all the heavy lifting. How far do the racists have to go before anyone here is willing to do anything other then talk?

  9. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    Don't all rush in to help at once. I don't know what's more shocking. The blatant and ongoing campaign of racism and bullying against an Aboriginal Australian. Or the almost absolute inability amongst those of us who do comprehend the gravity of the situation to organise and defend one of our own. Maybe I should join everyone else in mourning the potential end to Adam's career, as if that was all that was at stake here. Maybe I should wait for a 'leader' to step in and do all the heavy lifting. How far do the racists have to go before anyone here is willing to anything other then talk?
    What do you suggest?
    I'm genuinely interested as I am at a loss

  10. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    Don't all rush in to help at once. I don't know what's more shocking. The blatant and ongoing campaign of racism and bullying against an Aboriginal Australian. Or the almost absolute inability amongst those of us who do comprehend the gravity of the situation to organise and defend one of our own. Maybe I should join everyone else in mourning the potential end to Adam's career, as if that was all that was at stake here. Maybe I should wait for a 'leader' to step in and do all the heavy lifting. How far do the racists have to go before anyone here is willing to do anything other then talk?
    Just got home. What time shall we meet, where? Let's do it.

  11. #35
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    15,228
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    Don't all rush in to help at once. I don't know what's more shocking. The blatant and ongoing campaign of racism and bullying against an Aboriginal Australian. Or the almost absolute inability amongst those of us who do comprehend the gravity of the situation to organise and defend one of our own. Maybe I should join everyone else in mourning the potential end to Adam's career, as if that was all that was at stake here. Maybe I should wait for a 'leader' to step in and do all the heavy lifting. How far do the racists have to go before anyone here is willing to anything other then talk?
    Suggestions? I really am listening. I agree that it's all a bit too easy to sit on a message board and express our outrage / sadness / disappointment / disgust etc. Just not really sure how to do more, apart from the ideas put forward on this thread.

  12. #36
    I would love the club and supporters to organise a rendition of "you will never walk alone". Put the words up on the screen as the players huddle just prior to the bounce. I'm getting goose bumps already.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO