Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand by Goodes

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    I would love the club and supporters to organise a rendition of "you will never walk alone". Put the words up on the screen as the players huddle just prior to the bounce. I'm getting goose bumps already.
    Preceded by They Might Be Giants "Your Racist Friend".
    I know there are a stack of great local songs about racism, but this one about calling out racists sums things up (for me).

--- hold that thought, if Neil Murray as something to sing, bring it on - where did you find that @bodgie ?
    Last edited by undy; 29th July 2015 at 07:58 PM. Reason: read back through the thread
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

I reckon the team should wear their indigenous round jumpers.

Snap rally/march starting from Ward Park say 3pm. Most anyone who has walked to the game from Central would know it and it's close enough to walk back to Central if you need to catch the shuttle to the game. See below info re: march route

Promotion.

* Facebook page and Event. Stand with Goodes (Stand with Goodes against racism and bullying).
    * Viral marketing/Meme to promote event starting now. People take selfies holding message of support for Adam (and I'm sure adding other messages of support and against racism) making sure to include #StandwithGoodes and rally/march details, something simple like #3pmWardParkbethere.
    * Press release to promote event and to promote viral promotion campaign mentioned above if that makes sense. In whose name?

Coordination (Because it could be huge.)

Welcome to Country. Who should/could be asked to give this?
    Other then that Maybe one person to say why we are there and to announce housekeeping such as potential march route.
    Someone who has worked with the club needs to inform them.
    Someone who has worked with police needs to inform them of potential traffic interruptions because if thousands turn up then they need to own the event and they need to own the streets. If this goes viral tonight we would need to confirm a march route asap to inform authorities.

Sooo what do you all think?
    Last edited by billyboob; 29th July 2015 at 08:23 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    I would love the club and supporters to organise a rendition of "you will never walk alone". Put the words up on the screen as the players huddle just prior to the bounce. I'm getting goose bumps already.
    Flying South that is a really excellent idea. It has football links so it's not too out there. And the words fit the situation so well. And there's a Member recognition event before so it could be sung there as a personal club warm up then done just before the game. If Port can have their song accepted then Adam can have his.

I know a few people in the Swans and will forward your idea to them. I was planning on taking my indigenous guernsey with Lisa May's design and hold that up whenever the ball ins in our part of the ground. Signs would be good. I don't think we have time to organise a walk so it'd have to be something at the ground. But we need TO DO SOMETHING!

Senior Player
    The march works for me. All for it. Straight up the guts of Devonshire Street. Stopping the traffic would show the world we are serious. I guess from here we monitor this thread. I really hope it comes off.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

Great Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    I think the club and supporters should organise something like, 'wear the number 37' , 'I stand with Goodes' or something similar for the game this weekend. We have to show Adam how much we support him... I'd hate to see him leave the game over this..
    Great idea!! If we could make up some T shirts like This I would buy one and where it with pride. What is happening is incredibly wrong. Bullying.. staging.. dirt player. Let me tell you there was no one worst that Dermot Breton for staging free kicks, dirty play off the ball, racist comments to the Abo players (his words not mine) Bullying players and supporters alike.. But the press treat him like a God. I hated him intensely even when he played for the swans, I never went to a game he was playing in. Was constantly booed by a pack of spectators ,,of course not!

Ive got to say im unimpessed by the weakness here. If goodes is unable to go to the game then we should follow suit. What's missing one game going to hurt you ?

Stand by Goodes.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Sorry I meant wear it with pride. Oops

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Ive got to say im unimpessed by the weakness here. If goodes is unable to go to the game then we should follow suit. What's missing one game going to hurt you ?

Stand by Goodes.
    Do you have a ticket for this Saturday's game?

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Do you have a ticket for this Saturday's game?
    Im not going because i...

Stand by Goodes .

I hope you stand with me.

https://www.facebook.com/events/819489221502710/

I'm not a facebooker or twitterer. Suggestions, encouragement all welcome.

If anyone knows how to administer these events and pages and is keen to jump on board let me know.

For instance. Where do I actually say what the event is?

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Im not going because i...

Stand by Goodes .

I hope you stand with me.
    No I don't.

I stand by Adam. And Lewis. And the rest of the team and the decent people who go along and follow the game. Sitting on my arse and complaining and not going to the game will achieve diddly squat. I'll be there to show my support.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast