Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand by Goodes

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Im not going because i... don't go to Swans games that aren't at ANZ.
    Fixed that for your Barry - though your view in standing by Goodes is noble, don't pretend for a second that any of us actually thought you would be going to the SCG on Saturday anyway.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

If making this personal helps you through this so be it.

Im only expressing my opinion. Weve been going to games since this started. Weve cheered goodes hard. It hasnt worked. The AFL has sat idly by.its got worse.

If making this personal helps you through this so be it.

Im only expressing my opinion. Weve been going to games since this started. Weve cheered goodes hard. It hasnt worked. The AFL has sat idly by.its got worse.
    Your a master at deflection Barry, I'll give you that.

We've all tried cheering Goodes hard - be it at ANZ, the SCG, or interstate grounds. But not turning up is not going to do a lot, especially when I have a bad feeling Jetta is going to be the next target of it all.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

To be honest , you guys having pot shots at me, in this thread of all threads, makes me sick.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Oh for gods sake people....... Am I the only one here who is thinking,, Riiiiiiight, here we have a mature, athletic, rich, sportsman, who is now sooking because opposition fans are booing him? Give me a break... Did Barry Hall give a @@@@? Mickey O ? No.
    Adam has been one of my all time favorite Swannies apart from Mickey and Baz and Nicky Davis, but Goodsey has strayed into the political arena that I dont think he should have gone.

My humble advise to Adam............ Apologies to that little girl from Collingwood. All will be forgiven mate..............
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Quote Originally Posted by PerthSwannie View Post
    Oh for gods sake people....... Am I the only one here who is thinking,, Riiiiiiight, here we have a mature, athletic, rich, sportsman, who is now sooking because opposition fans are booing him? Give me a break... Did Barry Hall give a @@@@? Mickey O ? No.
    Adam has been one of my all time favorite Swannies apart from Mickey and Baz and Nicky Davis, but Goodsey has strayed into the political arena that I dont think he should have gone.

My humble advise to Adam............ Apologies to that little girl from Collingwood. All will be forgiven mate..............
    He did.

Senior Player
    Here's my humble advice. Slip into your blue and gold pyjamas and go away.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Goes up to 11

Yes you probably are. But if you feel outnumbered here, just jump on social media and feel free to comment on the plethora of stories on news and AFL sites. You'll find plenty of like-minded allies there.

Veteran Site Admin

You may wish to tread carefully. I respect your right to hold your view. I couldn't disagree with it more. He has nothing to apologise for. The overwhelming majority of the AFL community has made it clear they don't agree with you.

Suggesting that others aren't thinking because they don't hold the same point of view as you is disrespectful at best.

Goes up to 11
    Ive got to say im unimpessed by the weakness here. If goodes is unable to go to the game then we should follow suit. What's missing one game going to hurt you ?

Stand by Goodes.
    If my asking whether you were planning to go to the SCG in the first place made you sick, I apologise.

However I would prefer not to be judged as weak for wanting to still attend this week's game and voice my support for my club in this difficult time.

Many of us will choose many different ways of voicing our opposition to this shameful chapter in footy, so how about desisting from judging how we go about it?

Fair enough you hold an alternative opinion, but out of genuine interest I'd like to hear an answer to questions such as?

Why shouldn't Goodesy seek to use his position in society to achieve political change, if that is what he desires? (Or is that stepping out of the 'he's ok if he just plays football and keeps his mouth shut' mantra that so many seem to hold about aboriginal Footballers)

What precisely should he apologise to the girl for? Pointing out racial abuse?

These are genuine questions - I'd love to understand what precisely he has done wrong to deserve what he is getting, I really would. I can understand pantomime booing of a villain on the field - but what Goodes is getting, week in, week out, is far beyond that point.

I'd love to be able to understand the opposite point of view, but for the life of me, I can't understand it. It seems to, as far as I can work out, to be made up of 'goodesy is a flog', goodesy should grow up and goodesy is a bully, with little or any foundation to any of it.

He showed exceptional compassion to the girl when it came out she was 13 - Adam Goodes 'gutted' by racial slur but wants AFL fan educated - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

People aren't robots - they won't all respond in the same manner. Barry Hall was never subject to racism, and as far as I know, Micky O wasn't either (although we don't know on that point). Micky O has come out in very strong support of Goodes, so I guess that makes him a sook as well?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    Would be good if all Swans players ran out with 37 on their back

- - - Updated - - -

Would be good if all Swans players ran out with 37 on their back
    That would be @@@@ing brilliant!

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast