Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand by Goodes

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    A disgusting hateful post that has no place on a Swans fans forum

There's plenty of forums out there where you'll find likeminded people where you can spout your racist diatribe

Quite frankly I'm disgusted this post hasn't been pulled - yes it goes against free speech, just shoot me....
    I`m sorry!!! (Racist diatribe???. ) Can you please point me to the so called racist comments in my post? I`ve checked it a few times and I cannot find them?
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Quote Originally Posted by PerthSwannie View Post
    Oh for gods sake people....... Am I the only one here who is thinking,, Riiiiiiight, here we have a mature, athletic, rich, sportsman, who is now sooking because opposition fans are booing him? Give me a break... Did Barry Hall give a @@@@? Mickey O ? No.
    Adam has been one of my all time favorite Swannies apart from Mickey and Baz and Nicky Davis, but Goodsey has strayed into the political arena that I dont think he should have gone.

My humble advise to Adam............ Apologies to that little girl from Collingwood. All will be forgiven mate..............
    I resprct your right to hold your views but with views like that you have no right to call Adam Goodes mate.

Now be a good chap and @@@@ off.

Goes up to 11
    Please can we not have this thread descend into the very same "I'm not racist but" stuff that seems to be everywhere at the moment.

This thread is called 'Stand by Goodes' and if you don't stand by Adam, there are more than enough places to express yourself amongst other likeminded people.

I resprct your right to hold your views but with views like that you have no right to call Adam Goodes mate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I`m so sorry I offended you mate. Sorry, I shouldn't of called you mate, Hey!!..........
    Last edited by PerthSwannie; 30th July 2015 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post

I commented on this matter in my post #61, where I also remarked that PerthSwannie holds a viewpoint held by a very sizable majority of Australians. If we are to understand how a situation can evolve where Adam Goodes is on the verge of leaving football, it is important to hear the opinions of the majority, even if those are minority viewpoints on this forum.

Much of the vitriol toward Adam is encapsulated in PerthSwannie's remark that Adam strayed into matters political. As Micky O'Loughlin said, white Australians prefer indigenous Australians to entertain us and keep their mouths shut. And they don't like to be confronted by uncomfortable historical facts that might impugn their domain over this continent and their right of racial privilege.

Alan Jones, Miranda Devine and the rest of their lot have lined up to give Adam Goodes a formidable whacking. I've had some posts deleted for comparing the American experience with that of Australia, but I'll give it another shot. In the America there is a saying among African Americans that 'driving while black' is a crime. In Australia, perhaps 'speaking while black' is a no-no as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    l.In Australia, perhaps 'speaking while black' is a no-no as well.
    Not as far as the ABC goes......... Black Comedy.. Hilarious!!! ABC Black Comedy: Indigenous GPS - YouTube

I think the Swans crowds are getting it right.

Every time Goodes gets the ball at the SCG cheer ridiculously loudly.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthSwannie View Post
    Oh for gods sake people....... Am I the only one here who is thinking,, Riiiiiiight, here we have a mature, athletic, rich, sportsman, who is now sooking because opposition fans are booing him? Give me a break... Did Barry Hall give a @@@@? Mickey O ? No.
    Adam has been one of my all time favorite Swannies apart from Mickey and Baz and Nicky Davis, but Goodsey has strayed into the political arena that I dont think he should have gone.

My humble advise to Adam............ Apologies to that little girl from Collingwood. All will be forgiven mate..............
    If that's how you feel then you might as well cut up your membership...perhaps you're embarrassed of your fellow West Australian's after their disgraceful, distasteful and downright inhumane behaviour on Sunday afternoon?

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to tell you that your opinion is moronic.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Miranda Devine beat you to the punch. She's already written an article in the Telegraph saying the same thing:

Lucky for us we have thinking people like you and Miranda to save us buffoons that thought indigenous Australians may have had a bit of a hard go of it. We're doing our best to put them in cages where they belong, but there just isn't enough money being spent on prisons these day. Perhaps too much is being diverted to health care facilities.

The Telegraph has the position of Miranda Devine followed by the counter-position of Richard Hinds. In the viewer poll that follows Miranda is ahead 69% to 31%, so it would seem that you are in the majority, which doesn't surprise me in the least. No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

If anyone has advice on how to learn to become a racist so I can feel part of the mainstream of the Australian people it would be most appreciated.
    Considering the demographic that read the tele, i cant believe that 31% of people can see reason.... maybe there is hope after all.

As for perthswannie - we are all entitled to our opinions, but if you are going to put your foot into the hornets nest, you should at least be prepared to have some reasonable arguments to support your position - which so far have been conspicuous in their absence.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    If that's how you feel then you might as well cut up your membership...perhaps you're embarrassed of your fellow West Australian's after their disgraceful, distasteful and downright inhumane behaviour on Sunday afternoon?

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to tell you that your opinion is moronic.
    So just to be clear Perthswannie: a 13 year old�that is, a high school age person�leans across a fence to scream, loudly, publically, with the clear intention to humiliate and embarrass, at an indigenous player that he is an ape, and the person who was the target of that attack, the person who was racially vilified, is expected to apologise? I note�again�that Goodes' conduct immediately after that event was exemplary. There was no hatred, no malice, no anger in any of his responses, and I think that that is very important: the anger, hatred, malice is flowing, overwhelmingly, in one direction. But he cannot be expected to apologise.
    Let's be clear: a 13 year old should know better. Every 8 year old I know knows better (for the record, I am a father of an 11 year old and an 8 year old, and am actively engaged in coaching soccer teams, so spend a lot of time with kids of those ages). There are programs on bullying and racism in just about every primary school in the country. What if she had screamed 'hook-nose Jew', or 'nigger'? Still okay? It is also worth pointing out that Goodes' response at that moment was not to a one-off instance: he had been the brunt of racism, casual and deliberate, for years. He had every right to call that behaviour out at that moment. He had had enough.
    It also makes me sad that the very commentators (Bolt, Devine, Jones) who are leaping to the defence of a supposedly innocent 13 year old have no such scruples about locking children in detention. And I wonder how tolerant or forgiving they are of, say, young graffiti artists or juvenile shoplifters. Is that sort of thing okay? Of course not: no humiliation or public scorning of such people is too much. But it's okay, it's prima facie forgiveable to be a racist because she was 13 and didn't, apparently, realise that she was being racist or offensive?
    Again, because it needs to be repeated at every opportunity: Go Goodesy, you good thing. On you, Jetts, too, for your work on the weekend. More power to you, Richmond FC, Paul Roos, Nathan Buckley, Chris Scott, Jonathan Thurston and all of you who are lining up with #37. Hopefully the Swans management will be painting the centre square as an aboriginal flag this weekend.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Really well said O'Reilly Boy
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Senior Player
    +1, O'Reilly Boy

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast