Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand by Goodes

Opti-pessi-misti
    Another great article, by David Sygall in today's Age, 'It's a heavy toll for Sydney Swan star Adam Goodes'.

Goes up to 11
    What's been lost in a lot of this is one of the primary reasons as to why Adam received his Australian of the Year award in the first place - the Go Foundation. Events of this week prompted me to look into it a bit more.

I'll be donating to the Foundation as one of the small ways that I can show support for Adam and what he stands for.

Go Foundation | Kicking Goals For Life

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    It is comments such as this that gives me hope that eventually some good will come from all of this.

Well done Plugger46, and even bigger of you for admitting that you may have been wrong. It takes a person of character to admit error in their ways.

Same for you Jono2707
    Thanks Doctor J.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Its so good to see the "I stand by" phrase used with a worthy individual, rather than trying to defend a drug cheat (Hird).

A classic example of the good regaining control of the language.

Apparently Swans fans will be turning their backs at half time in support of Goodes: Major brands and sports codes endorse statement condemning booing of Adam Goodes - mUmBRELLA

Love your work rwo! Wish I could be there to help and support Adam but I'm in Canada. Will be looking out for the shirts!

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Hi all, I think we have enough now. If there is anyone going to the Member recognition function, that'd be a big help. But the team who have replied here and PMed me should be enough to distribute - especially with the CS wanting a bunch. I'll reply and post details here this evening.
    :
    But how can that be achieved - that, to make the most of KTigers generosity, we hand out the shirts in the most effective manner? That is, to people in prominent parts of the ground down near the front. My thought is to hold some shirts back and distribute then inside the ground to people in the front rows.
    :
    All suggestions welcome.
    I'd suggest:
    1) Don't focus on the front rows, spread them around. If you managed to distribute them (geographically) evenly, so that for every group of 40 fans there was a shirt then there would always be one in shot. Obviously that isn't possible, but random ain't always bad. [of course I may be talking garbage... but they do show a lot of random crowd shots most games].
    2) Give them to people who can put them on - I'd guess that some people will be coming well-rugged up. If the shirt disappears below a few layers its not broadcasting as much of a message as if its the outer layer. I think that's a reasonable request to make of people.

I got an invite to the members recognition function, but didn't take it up... I could try gate-crashing....
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

My brother and I are hoping to be there by 3 if assistance is needed

Happy and I know it
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    My brother and I are hoping to be there by 3 if assistance is needed
    Snark - could you PM me your email and mobile, please?
    Margo - my inbox was full but I've deleted some messages so please try again.

Veterans List
    Hi all, the T-shirts are printed. Big thanks to KTigers. Margo and I are picking them up soon and dropping them by Gate C about 1.45pm. Come over and see us.

If you'd like to help, it's as simple as bringing a big soft bag so we can give you a pile of t-shirts to hand out to the people in the front rows of whatever stand you are in. But I think, if we start handing them out at 2pm (plus a bunch going to the member function and the CS) I don't think they will take long to give away.

Even if KTigers get's his T-shirts very cheaply, this is still a significant financial commitment by him. So please, if you take a shirt or several, make sure they are seen today. I hear Adam is not in a good way so lets make this heard loud and proud #StandWithAdam.