Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Stand by Goodes

Senior Player
    Thanks for all the positive words re the 37 shirts�. I�m glad people liked them, and they seem to
    have had the desired effect.

I just really hope Goodsey gets back on the park soon. I figure he will, he is tough hombre, and
    if he doesn�t play again, it will be like the other side has won, for want of a better word.
    Michael O said something to that effect also.

I wouldn�t get too worked up about these boofheads in the media (Jones, Bolt, Brereton, Warne, Akermanis�..)
    In the scheme of things they are just not important at all.

At the end of the day Goodsey cops it for saying things that every thinking person knows to be true.
    Drive around central & rural Australia & go to a few aboriginal communities and see how folks are living there.
    Is that OK? Of course it�s not. Look at the incarceration rate, look at life expectancy, look at any number you
    want. They are all terrible.

If anyone wants a shirt, just send me a PM. I don�t want any money, they are free, I�ll post them to you.
    Instead maybe think about making a donation to the GO Foundation or to one of the private school (in Sydney Newington or St Ignatius) indigenous scholarship programs. Even if you don�t like private schools,
    send them some money anyway. It doesn�t have to be a lot, any amount helps�..

I just believe in focusing on the positive things that can be done, rather than worrying about the he said/she said
    thing. Isn�t there some famous saying�.. it�s not what you say, it�s what you do that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I cried.
    The 37 t-shirts were FANTASTIC. Thanks KTigers. What a bloody impact.
    The standing ovation in the seventh minute of the third quarter was also a stroke of genius.

I love this club.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this club.

Thanks everyone. You made it a game to remember always.

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    It looked and sounded awesome on the TV.

I wonder if we can make this a regular thing?
    How would it work away from home??
    While our numbers at the Geelong game this weekend will be small in comparison to a home game I don't think it means we can't make a show of our support. I know I will be. Even if it's not as loud we could still applaud at Q3 7mins. We can still show banners & posters that are relevant. We can't leave it be and go away quietly, that's what the haters will want us to do.

I have faith that the Geelong crowd will be better than the West Coast mob. They didn't boo Christensen when he played on the weekend so there is hope that Scott has shown them the way.

Goodsey may not be back this week so we have to keep the love flowing.

All I can say is that it was one of the most emotional days I've ever had at the footy. Whilst I cried when we won in 2012 (and 2005) this day was totally different. I had my cardboard mounted "I stand with Adam " sign (I haven't done something like that since I went to a Bay City Rollers concert in 1976!)???????? I was ready for what ever happened - or so I thought! . There was this strange feeling in the air of "will this be a great day or a disaster?? ". There was no in between. But as soon as I saw the guy outside the ground with the sign for the 3rd qtr 7th minute ovation and all the "37's" I knew we were going to be in for something special. But what unfolded exceeded special by miles!!! I cried when I saw the banner - cried at the countdown and then the ovation - it blew me and many others around me away. I wrote on Adams card "thank you for being you". Witnessed the most gorgeous sunset, we won convincingly and when it was over I walked back to the car, got in and sobbed for about 10 minutes - what a day!!!! what a great club we belong too. Our respect, love and admiration for such a beautiful man as Adam Goodes was on display for the world to see. Everyone involved should be so proud.

Pushing for Selection
    Just wanted to add my thanks to all involved last Saturday to making is such a great day. Great idea ktigers for the tshirts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Thanks for all the positive words re the 37 shirts�. I�m glad people liked them, and they seem to
    have had the desired effect.

I just really hope Goodsey gets back on the park soon. I figure he will, he is tough hombre, and
    if he doesn�t play again, it will be like the other side has won, for want of a better word.
    Michael O said something to that effect also.

I wouldn�t get too worked up about these boofheads in the media (Jones, Bolt, Brereton, Warne, Akermanis�..)
    In the scheme of things they are just not important at all.

At the end of the day Goodsey cops it for saying things that every thinking person knows to be true.
    Drive around central & rural Australia & go to a few aboriginal communities and see how folks are living there.
    Is that OK? Of course it�s not. Look at the incarceration rate, look at life expectancy, look at any number you
    want. They are all terrible.

If anyone wants a shirt, just send me a PM. I don�t want any money, they are free, I�ll post them to you.
    Instead maybe think about making a donation to the GO Foundation or to one of the private school (in Sydney Newington or St Ignatius) indigenous scholarship programs. Even if you don�t like private schools,
    send them some money anyway. It doesn�t have to be a lot, any amount helps�..

I just believe in focusing on the positive things that can be done, rather than worrying about the he said/she said
    thing. Isn�t there some famous saying�.. it�s not what you say, it�s what you do that counts.
    Mate, that's a wonderful way to look at things. Huge kudos for the effort with the shirts - I hope you realise just what a massive impact your incredible generosity had on Saturday
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Due to being extremely time poor, it's been a while since I have been on RWO, even though I was one of the instigators of the site years ago, to KTigers what an incredible thing you did, it certainly made an impression, just a question, does anyone know who the guy was holding up the sign to cheer at the 7th minute of the 3rd quarter, the Cheer Squad manager is wanting to contact him, again WELL DONE!

+1 more in appreciation for the t-shirt donation.
    Amazing stuff.
    Can't help but feel the club missed a golden opportunity to commit a couple of thousand dollars to vastly increase the number of t-shirts and be involved in the statement.
    I hope the 3Q 7M cheer is replicated against the Magpies, as I'll be there for that game

On that note, should we purchase tickets early?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Whoa ease up right there....

Could you have missed the point of Margo's message by more than a Dan Hanners inside 50 passs? I don't think so.
    I certainly didn't mean Margo!!!!
    I meant Perthswannie and every other troll on the internet I've spent the last week setting straight. I won't have anyone bag Goodesy for all of the good work he has done.

I won't tolerate it from anyone. I grew up in a time where I was told daily that I'm a greasy @@@ and to go back to where I came from. I come from here. Enough is enough.

Racism stops right here, right now.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by anniswan View Post
    just a question, does anyone know who the guy was holding up the sign to cheer at the 7th minute of the 3rd quarter, the Cheer Squad manager is wanting to contact him, again WELL DONE!
    There's a guy on Bigfooty who knows him. Love your work too Rodger (and thanks for not mentioning the Ashes), and thanks to everyone here for their amazing work in coming up with such brilliant ideas - and making them a reality.

Mega Thread - Adam Goodes (Trolls will be carded - read OP!) | Page 40 Swans | BigFooty AFL Forum
    I watched the SBS news tonight and saw the piece on the 37 thing .....3rd quarter and 7th minute
    It was my mate who I used to work with who started that outside the ground. We worked together in wa and he texted me today about it.
    His name is Rodger ....lol, he's a Pom and a great bloke and swans member. Love your work Rodger
    On Thursday I got an appreciation certificate from the Swans for 5 yrs membership and I have to say, although I could only watch the day unfold on replay, that it was the best sporting moment I've experienced in those 5 years... probably ever! There'll always be another shot at a GF but there'll never be another day like last weekend. Thanks to everyone here for making my 'anniversary' unforgetable.

Yes, if the third quarter standing ovation was the result of just one person with an idea and a sign, then it certainly was an amazing achievement. Rodger you're a legend, whoever you are!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I certainly didn't mean Margo!!!!
    I meant Perthswannie and every other troll on the internet I've spent the last week setting straight. I won't have anyone bag Goodesy for all of the good work he has done.

I won't tolerate it from anyone. I grew up in a time where I was told daily that I'm a greasy @@@ and to go back to where I came from. I come from here. Enough is enough.

Racism stops right here, right now.
    I think that is the biggest issue for many people who don't get what the problem with Goodes is.
    If you've never been racially vilified, or bullied for that matter, then you just don't get why "small things" upset certain people.

Just thinking back and feeling that hurt all over again.
    It's the most horrible feeling ever.
    E.V.E.R.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.