Thread: Dan The Man

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

Dan The Man

A question: with Nat Fyfe out again this week, what's the chances for our number 4 to come running over the top in the Brownlow.

Most of the awards still have Fyfe with a lead, and no doubt he probably racked up 20-plus votes in the first 10 rounds, but Hanners seems in the top three in all and closing. And we know the umpires like him, so if his strong form continues, more votes await.

My instinct tells me the real issue is how far ahead Fyfe was by midway - and whether he got full reward for his early season form - and is the buffer enough if he's out for more games or takes a bit to crank up again.

Thoughts
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    A question: with Nat Fyfe out again this week, what's the chances for our number 4 to come running over the top in the Brownlow.

Most of the awards still have Fyfe with a lead, and no doubt he probably racked up 20-plus votes in the first 10 rounds, but Hanners seems in the top three in all and closing. And we know the umpires like him, so if his strong form continues, more votes await.

My instinct tells me the real issue is how far ahead Fyfe was by midway - and whether he got full reward for his early season form - and is the buffer enough if he's out for more games or takes a bit to crank up again.

Thoughts
    Barring a suspension over the next five rounds I can't see anyone getting close to Fyfe and fair enough too, he is a freak and has had a great season.

But geez the Dockers are a different side when he is out or on the rare occassions he doesn't at keast make a decent contribution

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    All agreed - his first 10 games of the season were arguably as good a stretch as you could see.

My only query was whether he built enough of a buffer, because he wouldn't have scored a vote the last five rounds, and who else besides Hanners is a chance to catch him.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Really having a hell of a season, #1 for disposals in the comp which is pretty phenomenal for a guy who spends so much time running along the wings.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    All agreed - his first 10 games of the season were arguably as good a stretch as you could see.

My only query was whether he built enough of a buffer, because he wouldn't have scored a vote the last five rounds, and who else besides Hanners is a chance to catch him.
    Goldstein a dark horse.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Agreed. Goldstein is in the top five players this year across the comp, though umps rarely reward ruckman.

Veteran Site Admin

Priddis will be up there in the count. Cotchin seems to attracts votes too, and even though he was ordinary for the first month or so, he will still finish quite high up by the end. Pendlebury's been his normal consistently good self, though the Pies losing so many games on the trot may restrict his vote scoring.

Goes up to 11
    Goldstein, Hanners and Fyfe to fight out the top 3.

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    As much as I'd love to see hannebery up there, I feel like our midfield/ buddy would take too many votes away from hanners. Fremantle are a strong side (obviously), but fyfe is more of a standout.

Quote Originally Posted by swansprincess View Post
    As much as I'd love to see hannebery up there, I feel like our midfield/ buddy would take too many votes away from hanners. Fremantle are a strong side (obviously), but fyfe is more of a standout.
    I see what your saying, particularly early on when buddy and Hanners and Parker were all playing super footy, but if all is fair Hanners should be up there. If he polls well in the remaining games he may have a sneaky chance. Fyfe should be comfortably ahead at this point but try telling Garry Ablett that, should've had 3 brownlows if votes went as everyone thought they would.

Warming the Bench
    Has a history of polling well and will be in the top 3
    *took the $14 at the start of the year

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Has a history of polling well and will be in the top 3
    *took the $14 at the start of the year
    Ha - yes, part of my curiousity. $500 down, and got him at $17.