Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand by Goodes

Stand by Goodes

Time for action, not words

If they hound goodes from the game, they hound me from the game.

Boycott all AFL games while Goodes is away.

Stand by Goodes.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Time for action, not words

If they hound goodes from the game, they hound me from the game.

Boycott all AFL games while Goodes is away.

Stand by Goodes.
    100% agree. RN is reporting right now that Goodesy is considering walking away from the game altogether. I would support him 100% in doing so. I will also walk away from the game. He owes nobody anything, and the game�the AFL, the supposed 'fans'�have let him down, and no longer deserve him. The Swans should have been all over this months ago, notwithstanding the great letter yesterday. I wish Goodesy long life, good friends, and thank him from the bottom of the heart for all that he has done. The Swans should retire the number, too, as a reminder of how foul we can be. Champion.

Veteran Site Admin
    Boycotting something would be a protest against the organisers - the Swans and the AFL. It would actually encourage this anti-social behaviour.

I think it would be more appropriate that, if you are at a game and someone close to you boos, you tap them on the shoulder and (in a loud voice) tell them their behaviour is unacceptable and ask that they stop. Make them feel singled out and small. Obviously harder to do at an away game where there are a mass of people booing, but you can still pick one individual and have the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Boycotting something would be a protest against the organisers - the Swans and the AFL. It would actually encourage this anti-social behaviour.

I think it would be more appropriate that, if you are at a game and someone close to you boos, you tap them on the shoulder and (in a loud voice) tell them their behaviour is unacceptable and ask that they stop. Make them feel singled out and small. Obviously harder to do at an away game where there are a mass of people booing, but you can still pick one individual and have the conversation.
    I agree with you Liz. I've reported a couple of people in the past at away games, but will have no hesitation in reporting anyone, swans supporter or opposition supporter. It'll only be when we stand up to these tossers and say enough is enough that meaningful change will occur.

#Racism stops with me.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

Yeah, I would be cautious encouraging people to confront bozos for booing.
    I'm sure most wont feel singled out and small, but rather feel irritated and aggressive.
    This issue is now at the height of public awareness and clearly not something that should be attempted to be 'sorted out' in a one on one situation.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Goes up to 11
    I'm not boycotting the game I love at the home ground I love for a player I love. I'll be there cheering on my team and standing up to any sort of behaviour that is unacceptable.

In the past I was probably someone who wouldn't have stood up to this sort of thing but the cumulative effect of the Adam Goodses who are not afraid to stand for what is proper and right have taught me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I'm not boycotting the game I love at the home ground I love for a player I love. I'll be there cheering on my team and standing up to any sort of behaviour that is unacceptable.

In the past I was probably someone who wouldn't have stood up to this sort of thing but the cumulative effect of the Adam Goodses who are not afraid to stand for what is proper and right have taught me a lot.
    Agree 100%.

We should make the effort to get to the game on Saturday and cheer our heads off when Adam gets near the ball - hopefully he will be ok to play.

This whole thing makes me
    so sad and I get really mad when I read some of the crappy comments from people like Alan Jones and Dermie.

My blood is boiling .

Warming the Bench
    lets start a support adam thread
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    And that's great.
    I would do the same, if I was at the game with my mates or by myself.
    If my kids were with me I'd think twice as these things can easily escalate and I wouldn't want to be putting them in danger.

So stand up - great, but I'm cautious of encouraging everyone to do this as being 'the right thing to do' if they are putting themselves in harms way and are not capable of looking after themselves.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Whether he plays this Saturday or not (and I really hope he does) I feel Swans supporters should quite clear in our support of Goodes
    Through signage, calls, adding #CheerForGoodes to any twitter activity or any other way we can think of.
    As fans we need to make it quite clear that this will NOT be tolerated anymore

Adam Zwar on Twitter: "If you think Adam Goodes is a legend of the game (and I do), maybe it's time to tell your voice. #CheerForGoodes"
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Whether he plays this Saturday or not (and I really hope he does) I feel Swans supporters should quite clear in our support of Goodes
    Through signage, calls, adding #CheerForGoodes to any twitter activity or any other way we can think of.
    As fans we need to make it quite clear that this will NOT be tolerated anymore

Adam Zwar on Twitter: "If you think Adam Goodes is a legend of the game (and I do), maybe it's time to tell your voice. #CheerForGoodes"
    I think that fans have been doing this at home games�particularly at the SCG�all year. Certainly where I sit, in the O'Reilly, he has been cheered at every touch, every involvement. I will certainly be at the game on Saturday, but if Goodes is forced to leave the sport, the sport loses my support. The AFL's response has been too slow. Eddie McGuire should have been dealt with last year in no uncertain terms. I'm not angry so much as sickened and sad.

I think the club and supporters should organise something like, 'wear the number 37' , 'I stand with Goodes' or something similar for the game this weekend. We have to show Adam how much we support him... I'd hate to see him leave the game over this..

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast